Autumn COVID booster jabs-Where next?

Moghrey Mie

12 minutes ago, Moghrey Mie said:

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/autumn-covid-19-booster-jabs-to-be-delivered-in-private-patients-unit/

Did we ever did out how much they spent on the airport vaccination hub (with skirting boards and electrical points in the cubicles)?

Don’t think so . There seemed to be no sensible thought process in that and it def was OTT on spec. Not there money though so nobody cares . Except the public . 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Fred the shred said:

I had three lots but now am done with them I will probably take up a flu injection but still feel it was strange when Covid was at is height there didn’t seem to be any flu about.    Just an observation as I have no medical knowledge.

Yes it confused me too , so much so I asked my friendly chemist , and he gave an obvious reply. First yes there wasn’t so much flu around but also everyone had masks on lots of the time and isolating with the covid restrictions. Also people were very wary  during those times and any sign of sniffles or the likes would shut  themselves off. He totally agreed that there wasn’t. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fred the shred said:

I had three lots but now am done with them I will probably take up a flu injection but still feel it was strange when Covid was at is height there didn’t seem to be any flu about.    Just an observation as I have no medical knowledge.

Think about , people isolating so no way for Virii to spread

28 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

everyone had masks on lots of the time and isolating with the covid restrictions. Also people were very wary  during those times and any sign of sniffles or the likes would shut  themselves off.

…and routine frequent hand washing…

• Like 2

I suspect I will have the covid booster and seasonal flu jab, again. It’ll be my 9th covid jab, I think. I had 3 primary doses and since then I’ve had the spring and autumn boosters every year.

Ive mixed feelings. My immune system isn’t perfect. It’s been effective so far, I’ve  not had covid so far as I know. I’m the only one in my circle to have avoided it.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, John Wright said:

I suspect I will have the covid booster and seasonal flu jab, again. It’ll be my 9th covid jab, I think. I had 3 primary doses and since then I’ve had the spring and autumn boosters every year.

Ive mixed feelings. My immune system isn’t perfect. It’s been effective so far, I’ve  not had covid so far as I know. I’m the only one in my circle to have avoided it.

I think that’s interesting, as it obviously doesn’t prevent you catching it - so perhaps you had it and less severe/no symptoms due to the booster? I was very poorly when I had it first (one of the first Island cases from a work trip to London and Amsterdam just before lockdown). I had it again the following Christmas a few days after my third booster - still very sick but not as extreme. Temperature much lower but still took my lungs a long time to recover. I’d take a booster but I’m too young. 

32 minutes ago, Steve_Christian said:

I think that’s interesting, as it obviously doesn’t prevent you catching it - so perhaps you had it and less severe/no symptoms due to the booster? 

There's some evidence that the vaccine does help in preventing people from catching it.  Not 100% of course but it increases the odds you won't.  This effect seems to wear off more quickly than the (more important) one of lessening Covid's harm if you do catch it.  But it does exist and it's one reason why boosters are so important, especially for the vulnerable, because they seem to boost this effect back to where it was.  So someone like John who has had all the boosters when available is most likely to benefit.

I don't understand why people say "I'll take my chances" when you can do something to improve those chances.  

Edited by Roger Mexico
Clarity
  • Like 2

Only slightly off topic, but I learned yesterday that the number one reason for people refusing blood transfusions is not religious reasons, nor is it worry about HIV etc following the infected blood scandal, but is in fact that they can't be assured that the donor hadn't been vaccinated for covid.  

4 minutes ago, wrighty said:

Only slightly off topic, but I learned yesterday that the number one reason for people refusing blood transfusions is not religious reasons, nor is it worry about HIV etc following the infected blood scandal, but is in fact that they can't be assured that the donor hadn't been vaccinated for covid.  

The very latest illustration (and there are many) that we shouldn’t ever be preoccupied by whether aliens might walk among us, but concerned by the volume of imbeciles who certainly do. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3