Joke shop to be demolished?

Moghrey Mie

1 hour ago, Tinpot said:

Correct.

I wonder what happens now when someone has half demolished a building that they didn’t have permission to demolish?

Well if it was in Douglas, they'd end up in some sort of circle of despair with contradictory structural reports and it would be left to rot and fall atop innocent pedestrians.

4 hours ago, Mikimoto said:

I wonder what the hell was in the "itching powder"??!!

You could make your own by trimming fibres off the edge of a doormat and then cutting them up really small with a razor blade. We used to put the result into each others bed's.

3 hours ago, John Wright said:

Frenchies. Run by Mr Parys, who was French ( well French speaking Swiss I think )

Didn't he wear a beret?

Shop on right. King Street

IMG_5508.jpeg

The window round the corner on Duke Street had the full panoply of joke props on display.  I remember often looking down the pegboard which displayed them wondering which I could afford and which would not result in getting a 'scutching'.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

The window round the corner on Duke Street had the full panoply of joke props on display.  I remember often looking down the pegboard which displayed them wondering which I could afford and which would not result in getting a 'scutching'.

We used to pop in on the way to Saturday matinee. Couldn’t go in without the obligatory Sekiden gun…

Edited by Passing Time

39 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Double-bill of Hopalong Cassidy and Roy Rogers on Trigger. Orange crush in the interval. Marvellous. When it wasn't raining from the balcony.

My days were more the Children's Film Foundation shite! ^_^

Late October to November was a bit dodgy with bangers and squibs.

• Haha 1