Armed Police - Casually strolling

Maugholdmafia

Just now, Tinpot said:

There is nothing new in relation to any of those things.

All those costs have existed for years.

Yes, I get that, but the argument has been that the cost has already been spent and there is little more cost

I am pointing out that apart from the initial outlay there are bound to be ongoing costs to having police armed, and they may be quite substantial. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Gladys said:

Yes, I get that, but the argument has been that the cost has already been spent and there is little more cost

I am pointing out that apart from the initial outlay there are bound to be ongoing costs to having police armed, and they may be quite substantial. 

Like what?  Stuff that was previously stored unless it was needed is now being used.

People who were trained to carry firearms and rarely did, some of them now have one on their person for a whole shift rather than having to rush back to the station and pick it up and log it out if needed.  I don’t see where there is any extra cost?

2 minutes ago, RecklessAbandon said:

The point which you are so expertly missing (unintended pun) is, is that is that cost necessary and justified considering the crime on the IOM?

Are you suggesting that we should’t have any police weapons and nobody trained to use them? Ever? At all?

Wow

Edited by Tinpot
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RecklessAbandon said:

Nope, but I know people who did serve in the Regiment.

Northern Ireland during the troubles.  I'd love to see you explain soldiering to people like them.

I only did a few Afghan tours so don’t know what I’m talking about. Oh, and for those of us that served together we have something called ‘banter’. Probably lost on you. I hope that helps. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Steve_Christian said:

16 years man and boy. You can look me up on the air force list. Joined April 1996. Left April 2012. 

Air Force, so not a proper soldier then 😉😂😂

eta only banter Steve…

Edited by Passing Time
  • Haha 1