Armed Police - Casually strolling

Maugholdmafia

7 minutes ago, WTF said:

and these things are very rare, the island is a very safe place to live ,  blah de blah de blah .

Ah, you may think that, but Dirty Harry, Clint Flint has done an APCOXYZRFFF risk assessment and discovered we're all in mortal danger.

Don't worry though, the shoulder mounted rocket launchers are arriving next week and will be deployed around every donut shop in Douglas to increase response times when the inevitable mass slaughter occurs.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

Well, you say that - but not half an hour ago, I saw a big lad down at the Terrace chip shop carrying what appeared to be a tactical thermonuclear device…

As Gladys might say - Is that a tactical thermonuclear device in your pocket , or are you just please to see me.

• Haha 3

Obviously the majority on here think guns in Costa is a mistake and I agree, however straying into the territory of trying to decide wether the police should be armed routinely or not is beyond the remit of, us, the general public. The police are of course privy to all kinds of information that we are unaware of so, very unfortunately, a constantly armed presence may be required on Island. BUT, walking into a cafe to buy refreshments armed to the teeth is just plainly a huge error of judgement which should not be repeated. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Problem is, it was in his breast pocket. 

Gosh, Gladys. I did not think you were one of these Carry On double entendres persons. I presume you are more of a 6-inch barrel Colt 45 Magnum in the trouser pocket type of person. (Derek Flint will be able to give you the full spec.)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Gladys said:

Possibly a mental health issue? 

2 months ago a man suffering from a mental health issue shot dead 3 people in Detroit. The man who killed 3 in Nottingham was suffering from a mental health issue. Some would argue Breivik was suffering a mental health issue. It can make people more dangerous, not less so.