Armed Police - Casually strolling

Maugholdmafia

Costa, Tesco, Strand Street etc.

This is all just to try and normalise police carrying guns. It wouldn't have been long ago that this display of arms would have been a big no no.

Whether it is a good or a bad thing I don't know, but it would be interesting to know what has changed and why? (possible rhetorical question)

Edited by Barlow
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Barlow said:

This is all just to try and normalise police carrying guns. It wouldn't have been long ago that this display of arms would have been a big no no.

Whether it is a good or a bad thing I don't know, but it would be interesting to know what has changed and why? (possible rhetorical question)

I don’t see why anyone cares tbh.

It causes no issue and means they can respond quickly if ever needed.

People would be quick enough to moan if something kicked off and it took an hour to get a response there.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

It's of no comfort or no relevance either.

If the public of a country of over 5 million people with a long history of violent crime and sectarianism, with close cultural links to Northern Ireland, don't feel they need an armed police presence, then why is it felt necessary in on a sleepy, law abiding island of 85K?

The short answer is, it isn't necessary, not even close.

You get the impression our armed police are more to protect the ego of some small time copper who's found himself in some sleepy blackwater than they are to protect members of the public - who I think it's fairly clear, do not want or need them.

17 minutes ago, Tinpot said:

Why would people not want armed police ready to respond if needed?  What’s the harm? 

A fool, apparently? 

24 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

On their wages?

Tasers are yellow 

Guns are black

Mix them both up

And you may get the sack

That  American Police Woman got it  wrong, put on trial.

She was devastated, felt almost as sorry for her as the young Black man she killed.

It was only a traffic stop!

Aren't guns and tasers supposed to be carried on different sides of the body and have a different 'feel'?

12 minutes ago, Kopek said:

That  American Police Woman got it  wrong, put on trial.

She was devastated, felt almost as sorry for her as the young Black man she killed.

It was only a traffic stop!

Aren't guns and tasers supposed to be carried on different sides of the body and have a different 'feel'?

Taser is usually a cross-draw, as a left hander I would wear it on the right. A side arm would be on my left leg in a drop holster.

Mistakes happen if training and drills aren't rigorous and unending. British armed officers are unrelentingly assessed and re assessed. Those authorised on island are done so to the same standards

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Not really one for self reflection eh?

Actually a huge evangelist of it, which is why im confident that they are done correctly 

37 minutes ago, Barlow said:

the world.

And

acountability

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

It was black. 

Glock 17 then

3 minutes ago, Kopek said:

You're Left Handed!!! Jeeze, they shouldn't let you anywhere  near guns!!! 😁

I know. Can't fire an SA80 left handed as the moving breech removes your teeth. Used to have to sling an MP5 upside down. Later stuff like the G36 and 416 were pretty ambidextrous though.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

Do we really need shooters for a six against one on some drunk fella in Pully?

Talk about a sledgehammer to crack a nut.

I can only imagine the chaos if are armed response unit had taken an hour to deploy and this fella continued to do no harm to anyone for all that time.

• Like 1