Armed Police - Casually strolling

Maugholdmafia

3 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

Do we really need shooters for a six against one on some drunk fella in Pully?

Talk about a sledgehammer to crack a nut.

I can only imagine the chaos if are armed response unit had taken an hour to deploy and this fella continued to do no harm to anyone for all that time.

A perfect example of the recent bullying behaviour by the police. Wasn't he already restrained on the ground before he was tazed?

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

The Big News story about the person that got kicked in the head at Manchester Airport by Police was IMHO totally out of order, they deserved a good kicking, or worse for being that stupid to attack armed officers.

Totally agree. One of the police should have popped a cap in his ass (my new phrase of the day, just learned in from a previous post and also I was watching a clip of pulp fiction before)

1 hour ago, A fool and his money..... said:

Not sure this city status is a good idea.

Derek professes that the world has changed and.... Douglas is now a city.

It is actually a good point. Who the fuckety, fuck, fuck, fuck wanted Douglas to be a (I'll say it again) fucking City. Who?

It's like giving 16 year olds the vote that not one of them wanted. Certainly not bothered about.

The Isle of man is buggered with its big ideas.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Barlow said:

Derek professes that the world has changed and.... Douglas is now a city.

It is actually a good point. Who the fuckety, fuck, fuck, fuck wanted Douglas to be a (I'll say it again) fucking City. Who?

It's like giving 16 year olds the vote that not one of them wanted. Certainly not bothered about.

The Isle of man is buggered with its big ideas.

I don't think what a place is called makes any difference TBH

The crime/ problems come from where the people living there were brought up/ and what morals they were given when growing up

Inviting people who have unknown morals to move to the island just to pay the CS Blob will not end well IMHO

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

I don't think what a place is called makes any difference TBH

The crime/ problems come from where the people living there were brought up/ and what morals they were given when growing up

Inviting people who have unknown morals to move to the island just to pay the CS Blob will not end well IMHO

And how are you going to check their morals?  How do you check the morals of someone from, say, Manchester as against someone from, say, Shanghai? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

As I've pointed out before,  Google APP armed policing and it's all there for everyone. The bit we don't get to see outside of the cops is the APSTRA (armed policing strategic threat and risk assessment)

Really?? There’s only so many times you can crawl up the arses of the IOM plod. Why the sudden requirement to arm the police? Don’t just point out APSTRA as a pointless excuse.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

Sorry Derek , you’ve let yourself down with your comments. I have the greatest respect for our  police but nothing can justify that situation  and your inane comments don’t help. If there was any threat needing them to carry guns into Costa surely they wouldn’t be ordering coffee. I presume they have secure storage in there transport. If so then they should have left the guns there . Or one stayed in the vehicle to stay with them. I can think of no justification of that situation despite your handbook and rules nonsense. Common sense needed it seems from our constabulary or at least from these officers. My guess is they had a bit of , look at us cool coppers with guns syndrome .  

Strange how Thommo the police apologist finds this funny…