Build it and they will come...

Derek Flint

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/entertainment/the-new-restaurant-where-it-feels-like-youre-in-london-720488?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR2UyN17NaVVq6S3aKlghpwHwvjcxzB49rc2r587ibJCZccfXdMVPQtqCUw_aem_iBgEr3leW-14IaQS97yopQ#Echobox=1726374983

This looks terrific and we will definitely go for a look on our next visit. 

We were really impressed with Kizuna in Castletown when we were over in July. There's a slow growth in quality venues which will doubtless be well supported.

More of this sort of thing!

But it's in Port St. Mary, totally wrong location, customers will visit once or twice and then decide it's too much of an effort.

Been once. It was okay, nothing special.

The article reads like an advertorial (they could do with a bit of spell checking too (few needs replacing with view). The photo of the staff standing around doing nothing was what we saw when we went.

Edited by Katman
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Katman said:

But it's in Port St. Mary, totally wrong location, customers will visit once or twice and then decide it's too much of an effort.

Always a risky business opening something new like that here...people are faddy, and quickly move on to the next new thing.

Looks nice though and I wish them well.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Katman said:

I've always thought PSM is one of the best kept secrets. Pretty, with a proper harbour. It could do really well. And I like a drive out when on island

1 hour ago, Katman said:

The article reads like an advertorial (they could do with a bit of spell checking too (few needs replacing with view). The photo of the staff standing around doing nothing was what we saw when we went.

You have been once....but its not open yet is it?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Derek Flint said:

I've always thought PSM is one of the best kept secrets. Pretty, with a proper harbour. It could do really well. And I like a drive out when on island

Port St Mary is beautiful, no question, but there's nothing there. If it was in the south west of England you wouldn't be able to move for people, shops, restaurants etc. You certainly couldn't afford to live there. It's a real marker of how the Island has failed to redevelop and regenerate itself since the end of the tourist heydays. It took forty odd years to develop the old Bay Queen site. It's a lovely village to walk around on a Sunday morning but you'll hardly meet a soul.

• Like 2