Build it and they will come...

Derek Flint

5 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

Who would want to invest money on the rock looking at this Shit Show of comments from people that mostly could not afford to have a decent meal in a decent restaurant...

Very experienced and successful business people who live here and are very astute in this case.

2 minutes ago, Tinpot said:

Very experienced and successful business people who live here and are very astute in this case.

There are very few   "Very experienced and successful business people"

Who live on the rock,

It is mostly carpet ex warehouse owners and scammers...

Have you not been to a wealthy part of the UK recently?

Think about it, if you had any proper wealth, why would you park your ass on the rock?

1 minute ago, Blade Runner said:

Who live on the rock,

Think about it, if you had any proper wealth, why would you park your ass on the rock?

Whatever you say 🙄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tinpot said:

You should get yourself on Facebook.

Its much easier to keep up with things and find out about new places.

I do have an account but rarely use it. To be fair I think Facebook is a good medium for restaurants to have a presence where they can advertise special offers/ events etc. lex do. However I think they should always have a web page that isn't necessarily as dynamic but has things like contact details, contact form, where they are etc. ideally with an online booking form. 

I'm still a bit confused as to why they have a domain and a website but it's 6 months out of date.  Why did they bother in the first place. Neither you nor @Jarndycehave convinced me otherwise. 

Maybe they have lots of custom at the moment and don't need new. I genuinely wish them well

1 hour ago, Blade Runner said:

Who live on the rock,

For somebody with a deep hatred of the island, you don't half gob off a lot about it...

• Like 7

40 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

I'm still a bit confused as to why they have a domain and a website but it's 6 months out of date.  Why did they bother in the first place. Neither you nor @Jarndycehave convinced me otherwise

Whatever…

For the record, I wasn’t trying to convince you of anything - what would be the point?

Edited by Jarndyce

12 hours ago, Blade Runner said:

Who live on the rock,

Your post is

Very oddly

Laid out.

Is it a shot attempt 

At a modernist

Poem?

21 hours ago, The Bastard said:

I guess that redevelopment needs a driver. During the tourist era, a lot of high-end businesses sprang up out of nowhere because there was money to be made from the hundreds of thousands of people visiting in the season - theme parks, beach resorts, dance halls, trains and trams. You're right, it would be amazing to see regeneration, but at the moment, I can't see where the driver for that regeneration is coming from - there's a small number of residents, a small number of tourists and a few HNWIs that get on a plane when they want to do something exciting. It does make you see why there are efforts to increase population, since running a business with such a limited pool of customers is close to impossible in some sectors. A big negative is that we don't have the stores, entertainment and amenities to attract residents and tourists here, but none of those things will open without the presence of those customers in the first place, since they'd quickly go under.  

Looking at a lot of places now, under-tourism could be a really strong USP for the island. It just needs some really clever marketing and anchor businesses like this to make a start

• Haha 1