Alf's House

Mr Snaefell

3 hours ago, Two-lane said:

Initially I could not work out whether or not this was a spoof. I am still not 100% sure. But the response was in less than 12 hours, so someone is monitoring this site. Fame at last for Manx Forums.

Cannan is worried that some junk posted anywhere on social media, in particular Manx Forums, is going to influence the opinion of someone interested in buying a £3/4 million house? Bizarre.

Threats? Safety? The next thing will be that Derek Flint will suggest that all MHKs should have a personal armed guard, and the Chief Minister, two. And a bullet-proof car.

The car he can park for free in Douglas. My estimate is that the parking for free for the elite has cost the taxpayer about £1 million since the end of covid. Cannan does not seem too worried about that loss of income, only his own.

I believe the acronym is FFS! People gossiping on social media about a politician. We should bring back that former politician who wanted to close down all social media. (That was sarcasm).

alf is worried they might find the corpse of democracy buried in his garden.

• Haha 2

So, we have someone who claims to be a moderator, posting a piece of text that he claims to have come from the Chief Minister, but there is no provenance attached.

The text itself is suspicious. The head of a government with an annual GDP of £5.53 billion is complaining that people on some crêpe website are making comments that will reduce the value of his property by a couple of bob.

And that he has been threatened, and now people know here he lives.

I would be willing to bet 2/6d that this is a spoof.

Of course, I could be wrong and this is a genuine message from our leader. In which case you all now know that Cannan is spending part of his very important day when he, himself, personally, reads this garbage. So take the opportunity to let him know what you think.

Free parking for the vacuous elite? Ha! Eat my shorts, Cannan.

Of course the ex MHK was cross about that photo of him in a TuTu which was a bit of fun as he had appeared in public in it anyway.     I think it is the right of the public to criticise any politicians actions but if it gets personal it could put some people who would be advantageous off standing for election.   Cobb has said the stupid remarks about the ACT and tea breaks have made some workers disenchanted with the job, I doubt that they must be made of stronger stuff to do the job they do but the constant banging on about it must be annoying, it is a forced break people need to realise it. No matter how high or low you are on the ladder you are still a human being and are entitled to a life.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

So, we have someone who claims to be a moderator, posting a piece of text that he claims to have come from the Chief Minister, but there is no provenance attached.

Well this someone who you say “claims” to be a moderator was the one who issued me with a temporary ban, so he/ she is real.

Must confess I thought Albert was the only moderator, taking over from John Wright when he expressed a desire to be relieved of his duties.

( but I’m probably massively wrong)

46 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Well this someone who you say “claims” to be a moderator was the one who issued me with a temporary ban, so he/ she is real.

Must confess I thought Albert was the only moderator, taking over from John Wright when he expressed a desire to be relieved of his duties.

( but I’m probably massively wrong)

They are green and classified as a moderator.  I suspect rather than each mod moderating under their own account, they have a single account they can all post under, not least to avoid a personal  vendetta against any mod who does their job. 

• Like 1