Easy money

Fred the shred

If this Government want to make some easy money and save lives at the same time they should embark on speed cameras.    Fixed penalty of £20 for every mile over the speed limit.   I live in a 20mph zone and it would rack up a few grand a day no problem.    The equipment would be paid for very quickly and it would free the police to do other duties.     How this has not already happened I cannot imagine apart from the fact some members of the Government may be shy of offending the petrol heads .

I am a petrol head.  Always have been and own a number of performance cars and motor bikes.

There should be speed cameras in all speed limit areas imposing automatic fines on anyone he gets caught at more than 10percent over the limit.  There are plenty of safe places to drive quickly.

They should also be mobile, so move round every few weeks to keep people on their toes and stave the expense of having loads of them.

Having said that, a review of the existing limits and removing some of the more stupid ones should happen at the same time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fred the shred said:

If this Government want to make some easy money and save lives at the same time they should embark on speed cameras.    Fixed penalty of £20 for every mile over the speed limit.   I live in a 20mph zone and it would rack up a few grand a day no problem.    The equipment would be paid for very quickly and it would free the police to do other duties.     How this has not already happened I cannot imagine apart from the fact some members of the Government may be shy of offending the petrol heads .

How is this news

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Fred the shred said:

I would support traffic cameras, catch out all the twats who go through red lights, speed constantly, mobiles etc.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Authoritarianism everywhere. 

What’s the problem with making sure people don’t speed within sensible limits?  Got to be better for old people, kids, everyone really.

Why would anyone object other than just objecting to there being rules because they think that makes them cool?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tinpot said:

What’s the problem with making sure people don’t speed within sensible limits?  Got to be better for old people, kids, everyone really.

Why would anyone object other than just objecting to there being rules because they think that makes them cool?

Because they would be about as effective as speed bumps. Once you are passed it, you zoom off. Speed cameras are an ugly waste of time. In the uk, they are strategically placed to generate revenue. 

• Like 1