Drinking at the theatre?

Tinpot

2 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Does it?
Why?

Care to explain the difference?

Because there's a difference between a play/performance people are expected to be a bit rowdy at and one that's supposed to be fairly serious.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Stupid idea. I'd sack the idiot who's proposing it. They obviously haven't a clue. A fortune was spent by the taxpayer on the upholstery and carpet in the Gaiety. It would be like the old Palace cinema in no time.

Can you still get ice cream there?

• Haha 1

Just now, HeliX said:

Because there's a difference between a play/performance people are expected to be a bit rowdy at and one that's supposed to be fairly serious.

So you can’t enjoy a gin and tonic whilst enjoying a “serious” production, say a Shakespeare play but you can if you go to see a production of “ The Full Monty”

Or have I got that the wrong way round?

There is  plenty of people who would go to the theatre to see both types of performances.

Doesn't mean for one type  they would start chucking their drink around and ripping up their seats, and sit quietly for the other.

My behaviour, for example, is not determined by what sort of theatre production I am watching but more by the type of person I am. I for one would like to enjoy a ( overpriced, no doubt) glass of red whilst enjoying the show. Adding to the coffers of the venue.

If this really a concern the; perhaps the Gaiety should not put on performances which they think might encourage the  “ rowdy” behaviour

• Like 2