Great News For The Tt

FCMR

...... and then Geoff sticks his oar in

Manx Radio:

The Financial Times Isle of Man special report is questioning the future of the T.T..

The article contains details on the number of deaths around the Mountain Course, including the eight racers killed this year, the Police withdrawing cover on safety grounds.....and the loss of world championship status.

Geoff Cannell is quoted as saying - "if you were to organise this event from scratch, you would probably not be allowed to do it.".

The feature also states the biggest concern for organisers is the cost of maintaining insurance cover.....and the T.T. will have to change to survive.

Slim's right, but there's a delicious irony in biting the hand that fed one for so many years.

You'd put a dog down for that - so a mini flaming here is a mere bagatelle.

Is that the smell of another burning bridge, I wonder?

Slim's right, but there's a delicious irony in biting the hand that fed one for so many years.

You'd put a dog down for that - so a mini flaming here is a mere bagatelle.

Is that the smell of another burning bridge, I wonder?

Man, like I understand that. On so many different levels

The insurance is not that big an issue as the DTL/Tynwald could underwrite it, the big problem is the health and safety issues.

Remember, neither the DTL nor Tynwald have any money.

The ONLY money that they have access to is tax payers money.

As regards health and safety - the racing is NOT safe and it's therefore NOT healthy and nor are the antics of the people who try to emulate the riders.

The TT, in fact all road racing on the Island, is well past its sell by date.

It really should now be laid to rest.

Wander off to your local circuit Rog (Snetterton?) with your anti-risk protest banners.

We're in danger of becoming a generation completely opposed to any form of danger or risk...emasculated by the anti-everything Politically Correct.

I've never raced a motorbike, but I'd wager that David Cretney's final mortal memory will be of achieving his first 100mph lap.

Wander off to your local circuit Rog (Snetterton?) with your anti-risk protest banners.

We're in danger of becoming a generation completely opposed to any form of danger or risk...emasculated by the anti-everything Politically Correct.

I've never raced a motorbike, but I'd wager that David Cretney's final mortal memory will be of achieving his first 100mph lap.

No protest at Snetterton. It's a purpose built race track.

It's also a dam(n) fine market with people coming from all over - even by coach from the near Midlands.

Archived