Scuttlebutt is.... who's possibly looking to sell/buy the Manxman?

HelmutX

1 hour ago, cissolt said:

Brian was on the radio claiming the boat isn't the problem it's just not right for Heysham due to windage? Anyway,seems like another catastrophic waste of tax payers money.  Not a single person will take any responsibility for it.

Why when a ferry company sails to two ports would you spend £85 million building a boat that can’t sail to one of those ports? It’s basically admitting you're incompetent if that’s what he says. It’s like me saying I have two garages at my house but I bought a car that can only fit in one of them. For 85 million quid! 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

56 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

"Unfortunately those tight entrances at Heysham and Douglas are hard to change"

Re. hitting the wall - "It is just one of those unfortunate incidents"

I think I might try that with the police if I just happen to have a collision with a police car.

I remember the days when a tight entrance was a good thing.

6 hours ago, swoopy2110 said:

As mentioned previously, one of the questions in their survey was asking what the public thought about sailing Manxman to Liverpool year round. I recon the long to plan is Manxman to Liverpool and something smaller to Heysham (whatever that is)

I’d be happy with that.

Have no interest whatsoever in sailing to the God forsaken  port of Heysham

• Like 2

The Ben would not have sailed this past two days and there would have been the usual moans and groans but because it is the Manxman the gnashing of teeth is ridiculous.   Restrictions around sailing in weather is largely controlled by insurance and health and safety, of course the Master makes the final decision but there are constraints he has to abide by.    Remember when Bank Managers were allowed to decide when to grant a loan…..not any more there are rules, boxes to tick etc.    The beauties that bang on about the old boats that always sailed are the ones that really amuse me they were not roll on and off carrying huge vehicles that can move in severe weather.   Times have changed.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1