St Marks Trees

Tinpot

Who remembers all this nonsense when the land owner wanted to put a new entrance in a safe position on that busy road that would have meant removing some trees?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-isle-of-man-57697230.amp

All the greenies jumped up and down and had it overturned and a much less safe entrance was put in round the bend.

Said entrance now has a heap of yellow police markings where there has obviously been a fairly serious accident, and I am not surprised.  It’s a stupid place to have put a new entrance.

Thoughts?

The lines are because some bellend knocked a cyclist off, no doubt it’s obviously the cyclists fault. 
that’s two serious incidents with cyclists along that road in a few years, nothing to do with how fast that stretch of road is of course. 

I saw a car the other week swerve and hit the hedge and bounce back along the road, the driver didn’t miss a second of looking up from his phone when this occurred. It’s fucken mental out there. 

Edited by Gizo

1 hour ago, Gizo said:

The lines are because some bellend knocked a cyclist off, no doubt it’s obviously the cyclists fault. 
that’s two serious incidents with cyclists along that road in a few years, nothing to do with how fast that stretch of road is of course. 

That whole section from the Braaid, through St Marks to Ballasalla and back through Ballamodha is one of the best places to cycle on the Island too.  I heard someone refer to it as the 'Plains of Elysium' and on a still, warm late summers evening on a bicycle, it certainly is.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

That whole section from the Braaid, through St Marks to Ballasalla and back through Ballamodha is one of the best places to cycle on the Island too.  I heard someone refer to it as the 'Plains of Elysium' and on a still, warm late summers evening on a bicycle, it certainly is.  

It's a great road to drive too, but given its generally sinuous nature it's a real PITA when stuck behind a cyclist doing a casual 15-20 mph. It's also pretty much tractor central some days.

15 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

That whole section from the Braaid, through St Marks to Ballasalla and back through Ballamodha is one of the best places to cycle on the Island too.

7 minutes ago, Sheldon said:

It's a great road to drive too, but given its generally sinuous nature it's a real PITA when stuck behind a cyclist doing a casual 15-20 mph.

Have you two met, by any chance?

36 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

28 minutes ago, Sheldon said:

It's a great road to drive too, but given its generally sinuous nature it's a real PITA when stuck behind a cyclist doing a casual 15-20 mph. It's also pretty much tractor central some days.

It's brilliant on a motorbike but I never get stuck behind a cyclist on one.

1 hour ago, Sheldon said:

You must be stuck behind them for endless miles and eons of time. 

Talking of cyclists - I heard the fella who got hit by a cyclist in the Manx Indy truck on Fort North roundabout ended up losing his license.

Seems a bit harsh, I was a few cars behind that when it happened and it looked very much like he was already on the roundabout heading to Kewaige when the cyclist came at speed from south and crashed into him.

Happy to be proved wrong, there may be more to it than that - but if it was as it seemed at the time, I think it's very harsh on the lad.