Final nail in the coffin for smaller local shops?

Manxman1234

I am all for this vapes are revolting especially the flavoured one designed to hook kids up to the habit there is more and more bad news being discovered about the result of using them every day.  I know a young person that is hooked on this repulsive habit and there is no way of getting through to them.     Any shop big or small that relies on this poison deserves to lose any profit made.

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

There is a certain spectacular irony associated with disposable single use vapes in a time where you have been forced to suck a milkshake through a flaccid dissolving straw.

Is this not down to a failure from government to prevent the sale of them to kids?  The only plastic I see littering the place is water bottles and McDonald's junk.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cissolt said:

Is this not down to a failure from government to prevent the sale of them to kids?  The only plastic I see littering the place is water bottles and McDonald's junk.

I see the disposable vapes disposed of in bushes and on streets all the time. At least Macs is now mostly cardboard and eventually rots away. Vapes you've got plastic + wires + batteries. I've never dismantled one, but assume they are the same button batteries that maim children and pets when consumed in error.

Edited by The Phantom
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, The Phantom said:

There is a certain spectacular irony associated with disposable single use vapes in a time where you have been forced to suck a milkshake through a flaccid dissolving straw.

Nobody is forced to drink a milk shake - I fear you've been mislead. Did this happen in the dark, or after writing to Jim'll Fix It?

• Haha 1

There's a new vape shop about to open up in Ramsey, next to Rum Baba's. I bet they'll be impressed (the vape shop, not Rum Baba's). That's the second vape shop to open up thereabouts too, the first one was quite shortlived IIRC.

15 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

"The UK Government has already announced a ban on the products in England and the Scottish and Welsh Governments have also confirmed they will follow suit."

Perhaps the IoM gov. will tell the UK politicians that the IoM politicians know best.

I assume the supplies would have to be via Ireland, unless they ban them as well.

7 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

There's a new vape shop about to open up in Ramsey, next to Rum Baba's. I bet they'll be impressed (the vape shop, not Rum Baba's). That's the second vape shop to open up thereabouts too, the first one was quite shortlived IIRC.

I don’t think a vape shop will be impacted by this as people will buy their own and then needs refills.

This is aimed at newsagents etc.

Ideally both types would be banned.