Look at ME

Alanbellend

Weren’t these the same two attention seeking clowns who had Pride disbanded with similar claims of abuse and victimization?

Is it possible that they could be associated with anything without claiming they’re being victimized to attract public and media attention to themselves?

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/drag-artist-hits-back-at-hateful-comments-following-pyjama-party-announcement-725945

It’s Laxey Working Men’s club FFS.

24 minutes ago, Alanbellend said:

Weren’t these the same two attention seeking clowns who had Pride disbanded with similar claims of abuse and victimization?

Is it possible that they could be associated with anything without claiming they’re being victimized to attract public and media attention to themselves?

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/drag-artist-hits-back-at-hateful-comments-following-pyjama-party-announcement-725945

Yes the same. 

Gotta appreciate the irony of the Working Men's Club.

Surely a massive flounce is part of the territory? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Alanbellend said:

2 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Yes the same. 

Gotta appreciate the irony of the Working Men's Club.

Surely a massive flounce is part of the territory? 

Maybe you should read some of the comments and threats made. They were vile. Why do people feel the need to make vicious, personal, hate filled attacks, full of misinformation.

Yes, they protested about two things at Pride, police presence and the fact the the organising committee wasn’t LGBTQIA and Pride seemed to be a jolly, rather than a protest and fund raiser for LGBTQIA causes.

Neither seem to be me me me as far as I’m concerned.

1. No need for the abuse. They’re right to defend themselves.

2. They were probably right about non operational policing presence and definitely right about lack of community organisation/involvement.

• Like 7

People have a right to live their lives as they wish but these beauties were being interviewed by MR a while ago as if they were some sort of celebrities by Christy. They look like the Dames in Panto or the ugly sisters and then they wonder why people call them attention seekers.   If anyone whatever their sexual preferences went around dressed as they do they would probably get stick they invite comment and confrontation then complain.   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fred the shred said:

People have a right to live their lives as they wish but these beauties were being interviewed by MR a while ago as if they were some sort of celebrities by Christy. They look like the Dames in Panto or the ugly sisters and then they wonder why people call them attention seekers.   If anyone whatever their sexual preferences went around dressed as they do they would probably get stick they invite comment and confrontation then complain.   

I would imagine referring to themselves as "queer" isn't helping their cause. If you or I were to call them a couple of queers, you could imagine the flounce that would ensue...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Fred the shred said:

People have a right to live their lives as they wish but these beauties were being interviewed by MR a while ago as if they were some sort of celebrities by Christy.

Just like she interviews musicians and local am dram types.  They're performers.

They look like the Dames in Panto or the ugly sisters and then they wonder why people call them attention seekers.  

Well, yeah - they're drag performers. So they're part of that tradition. I don't think anyone  has a problem with you describing Drag Artists as attention seekers - it's show-biz.

If anyone whatever their sexual preferences went around dressed as they do they would probably get stick they invite comment and confrontation then complain.  

Why? Giving people stick for how they dress is bullying and suggesting they invite it is victim blaming.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

Maybe you should read some of the comments and threats made. They were vile. Why do people feel the need to make vicious, personal, hate filled attacks, full of misinformation.

Yes, they protested about two things at Pride, police presence and the fact the the organising committee wasn’t LGBTQIA and Pride seemed to be a jolly, rather than a protest and fund raiser for LGBTQIA causes.

Neither seem to be me me me as far as I’m concerned.

1. No need for the abuse. They’re right to defend themselves.

2. They were probably right about non operational policing presence and definitely right about lack of community organisation/involvement.

Where would we find the threats and abuse? 

32 minutes ago, Gladys said:

You don't have to go. 

Just this. If you don't like it, don't go - very simple.

Live and let live FFS. I despair at how intolerant this island is becoming.

I had a woman shouting at me the other day for walking my dog off the lead! (He's the softest, friendliest dog you could ever meet), but for some reason this woman thought she was perfectly justified shouting at me like a naughty schoolboy because he was off a lead. When did that happen?

As a kid I remember at least two dogs who spent their days wandering the streets. Everyone knew who owned them but nobody complained, there wasn't really anything to complain about. 

Too many busybodies about these days, I home they have a brilliant party.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

Just this. If you don't like it, don't go - very simple.

Live and let live FFS. I despair at how intolerant this island is becoming.

Becoming? The Island was pretty intolerant until 1992 I suppose.

You hear more of people's thoughts now because they think regurgitating their thoughts into FB and other social media is fine. Facebook feels like navigating a cesspool of exposed thoughts, filled with complaints and a constant need for narcissistic validation.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, slinkydevil said:

Becoming? The Island was pretty intolerant until 1992 I suppose.

You hear more of people's thoughts now because they think regurgitating their thoughts into FB and other social media is fine. Facebook feels like navigating a cesspool of exposed thoughts, filled with complaints and a constant need for narcissistic validation.

Whereas this forum... Oh

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Passing Time said:

I would imagine referring to themselves as "queer" isn't helping their cause. If you or I were to call them a couple of queers, you could imagine the flounce that would ensue...

You do know that queer hasn’t really been a derogatory term for quite a long time now?

Why do you think it would cause a flounce ?