Port st Mary cinema nights

Tinpot

Just now, Gladys said:

How does Tinpot know ELS's views on the matter? 

He doesn't. The truth is he doesn't know whether they bother paying for copywrite or not, the same as he doesn't know whether these people in PSM do or don't.

The fact is, he saw an opportunity for other people to enjoy themselves and so naturally started complaining, even though he has nothing to complain about.

See every TT thread from the year dot for details. He doesn't like to see anyone enjoying themselves, probably because he's not. He spends his life whinging on an anonymous forum.

1 minute ago, A fool and his money..... said:

He doesn't. The truth is he doesn't know whether they bother paying for copywrite or not, the same as he doesn't know whether these people in PSM do or don't.

The fact is, he saw an opportunity for other people to enjoy themselves and so naturally started complaining, even though he has nothing to complain about.

See every TT thread from the year dot for details. He doesn't like to see anyone enjoying themselves, probably because he's not. He spends his life whinging on an anonymous forum.

Erm.  I am a massive TT fan, biker and Marshall.

What on earth are you on about?  I have taken every TT and MGP period off work for over 35 years and only missed physically going and watching or marshalling at a handful of sessions in that time.

You have me very badly mixed up with someone.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tinpot said:

What on earth are you on about?  I have taken every TT and MGP period off work for over 35 years and only missed physically going and watching or marshalling at a handful of sessions in that time.

Oh dear, here you are again 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Tinpot said:

An aversion to seeing people enjoy themselves and watching the TT are not mutually exclusive. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Alanbellend said:

She should do what Euromanx did as in flight entertainment by running black and white Laurel & Hardy and Harold Lloyd films that were 30 years out of copyright as in flight entertainment. Now there was a low budget airline. 

I think that was Citywing, rather than Euromanx

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

For goodness sake. Someone shows a bit of initiative and they get dragged down.

I’m sure there’s nothing that can’t be overcome. A few years ago I was discussing with Rox a Sunday afternoon screening of “ Casablanca” in a cafe in PSM. Can’t remember the name of the venue ( something to do with “salt and “pepper” ?). Anyway it was a lovely afternoon with the opportunity to buy refreshments whilst you watched the film.

I believe Peel do something similar in the Centenary Centre.

Be great as well  to have something like that in Ramsey.

Erin Arts in Port Erin do it monthly as well - matinee and evening screenings

48 minutes ago, JessTickle said:

A few years ago I was discussing with Rox a Sunday afternoon screening of “ Casablanca” in a cafe in PSM. Can’t remember the name of the venue ( something to do with “salt and “pepper” ?). Anyway it was a lovely afternoon with the opportunity to buy refreshments whilst you watched the film.

Patchwork in Port St Mary run by Richard Ashcroft who used to be a commissioner down there. It was very popular.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, JessTickle said:

Something isn't right here - Apple has quoted something that has been attributed to me and it is not something i posted

16 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

It’s something I posted. That’s a bit weird. 

Possibly tried to multiquote you both but deleted one of you?  It's happened to me before.