Schofield ( Phillip)

The Voice of Reason

Right, before I start I’d like to say that I hold no particular candle for the man. It’s just that unless you aim vitriol at someone, you are accused on here as being their supporter. It’s a lesson I have learned from making neutral comments about or discussing, political figures and parties. It’s a shame but that’s the way it seems to be.

Right, Schofield, I have not watched this castaway thing that he has done but he does attract a lot of opprobrium. He doesn’t seem a particularly nice character.

He denied that he was a homosexual. He’s not the first to do that and at the time decades ago when he was first  a TV presenter you can understand admitting you were gay wouldn’t be without its problems.

It seems he had a relationship with a 15 year old male “ runner” on a TV programme he was presenting which didn’t turn into a sexual relationship until the runner became 20( and Schofield was a least a couple of decades older than that) In the absence of any evidence to the contrary there is no reason to disbelieve him.

Well plenty of people are homosexual. I hope we’ve got over disapproval of that.

He was older than his male lover. Well as a heterosexual man I could have enjoyed a couple of sexual liaisons with ladies over the age of consent whilst being a couple of decades older than them.

So I think  that leaves us with the question of whether or not PS used his “ fame” to elicit a relationship with this ( then) young man. We don’t know. And it may not  be a question of whether he used his fame or whether the young man in question was “star struck”

Anyway I have no time for the guy and please don’t interpret this post in any way as me being a supporter of his ( I’ve had enough of such blinkered stuff). Just thought it is worthy of debate.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Alanbellend said:

How is this local news? What connection to the IOM exists? Please explain. 

Or indeed, of any interest to anyone anyone?

The guy is a tool, rightly shamed for what he did.

Nobody should give him a seconds thought and just let him vanish into obscurity.

The signs were there when he put his hand up poor young and innocent Gordon really.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Right, before I start I’d like to say that I hold no particular candle for the man. It’s just that unless you aim vitriol at someone, you are accused on here as being their supporter. It’s a lesson I have learned from making neutral comments about or discussing, political figures and parties. It’s a shame but that’s the way it seems to be.

Right, Schofield, I have not watched this castaway thing that he has done but he does attract a lot of opprobrium. He doesn’t seem a particularly nice character.

He denied that he was a homosexual. He’s not the first to do that and at the time decades ago when he was first  a TV presenter you can understand admitting you were gay wouldn’t be without its problems.

It seems he had a relationship with a 15 year old male “ runner” on a TV programme he was presenting which didn’t turn into a sexual relationship until the runner became 20( and Schofield was a least a couple of decades older than that) In the absence of any evidence to the contrary there is no reason to disbelieve him.

Well plenty of people are homosexual. I hope we’ve got over disapproval of that.

He was older than his male lover. Well as a heterosexual man I could have enjoyed a couple of sexual liaisons with ladies over the age of consent whilst being a couple of decades older than them.

So I think  that leaves us with the question of whether or not PS used his “ fame” to elicit a relationship with this ( then) young man. We don’t know. And it may not  be a question of whether he used his fame or whether the young man in question was “star struck”

Anyway I have no time for the guy and please don’t interpret this post in any way as me being a supporter of his ( I’ve had enough of such blinkered stuff). Just thought it is worthy of debate.

Do you not understand the concept of categories. How is this remotely local news. FGS

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The British have always been obsessed about sex scandals. And we have a wonderfully prurient attitude to homosexuality - it is a fascination which is close to an obsession.

Telly has always taken advantage of this and of closeted men, who then uncloset themselves to much tabloid glee.

Grooming and power imbalances ARE important issues. But the personal assistant getting fucked by the boss isn't exactly front page news ... apart from the fact it is ... because we are all gossips at heart who love a sex scandal to talk about during the tea break.

As I said very British.