Another of the Chief Constables finest

Alanbellend

Another local officer in court this week. It does sort of make you wonder that if it wasn’t for all the drink driving, ICO breaches, accessing unauthorized data, Rolex and charity stealing, and of course domestic abuse how would many of our local police officers keep themselves busy?

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/courts/isle-of-man-police-officer-accused-of-domestic-abuse-makes-appears-in-court-again-727161

This must be at least the fifth IOM Police Officer or Home Affairs employee in court in the last 2 years? 

Edited by Alanbellend
  • Like 1

• Alanbellend changed the title to Another of the Chief Constables finest

11 minutes ago, WTF said:

yet infers he will be then ?

I clearly used the words “In court” which is entirely factual. It was an actual moderator who mentioned the word guilt.

Given the small size of IOM Constabulary is there another force in the UK with such a high court appearance rate? 

Edited by Alanbellend

12 minutes ago, Alanbellend said:

I clearly used the words “In court” which is entirely factual. It was an actual moderator who mentioned the word guilt.

Given the small size of IOM Constabulary is there another force in the UK with such a high court appearance rate? 

No, because ' not in the public interest to prosecute'. is used in every other jurisdiction in the UK.

You should be please that the IOM Constabulary are accountable for their actions. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, De nada said:

For every one caught, how many are getting away without being caught?

Except you can say that about the population as a whole, or any cross section or sub group. They’re human after all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Holte End said:

No, because ' not in the public interest to prosecute'. is used in every other jurisdiction in the UK.

You should be please that the IOM Constabulary are accountable for their actions. 

It’s funny though isn’t it. I’ve been working in the private sector for 20 odd years and never worked with anyone who has ended up in the papers for going to court for anything like stalking or domestic abuse or drink driving. I’d have thought that statistically the chances of seeing a colleague end up in court would be lower if you worked for the police than in any general private sector business. Not higher. 

• Like 1