Another of the Chief Constables finest

Alanbellend

28 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Have you heard the phrase disingenuity? 

Have you heard of the phrase fantasist? It’s very interesting how a post that is clearly controversial but factually correct was so quickly mis interpreted by a moderator who tried to apply a meaning that had not been even thought about in the original post. I’m sure if this thread went away for pseudo legal reasons that don’t exist it would be very convenient. But it’s a valid observation. A disproportionately high number of our serving police officers or hime affairs staff seem to end up in court charged with a wide range of offenses. 

6 minutes ago, Alanbellend said:

Have you heard of the phrase fantasist? It’s very interesting how a post that is clearly controversial but factually correct was so quickly mis interpreted by a moderator who tried to apply a meaning that had not been even thought about in the original post. I’m sure if this thread went away for pseudo legal reasons that don’t exist it would be very convenient. But it’s a valid observation. A disproportionately high number of our serving police officers or hime affairs staff seem to end up in court charged with a wide range of offenses. 

I was getting the message across as to people in general needing to be careful what they post.

If you become an admin burden today, I'll ban you myself. Moderators aren't employed full time to watch what you post, we have our own lives to run too.

So wind your neck in. This is the last time in this thread that I expect to respond to one of your posts.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

So wind your neck in. This is the last time in this thread that I expect to respond to one of your posts.

I don’t need (defective and incorrect) legal advice from an online sad case who gets a hardon from pretending to run an Internet forum. You’ve wanted to engineer this thread closure since it was posted because you’re shitting yourself that you might get an email about it from Home Affairs. What sort of forum is this that’s frightened of upsetting anyone influential? Gutless tit. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Alanbellend said:

I don’t need (defective and incorrect) legal advice from an online sad case who gets a hardon from pretending to run an Internet forum. You’ve wanted to engineer this thread closure since it was posted because you’re shitting yourself that you might get an email about it from Home Affairs. What sort of forum is this that’s frightened of upsetting anyone influential? Gutless tit. 

Was the wrong answer.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Alanbellend said:

If you refer to the title of the thread you can't really blame anyone for thinking otherwise. Unless 'finest' was not said sarcastically of course.

1 minute ago, Albert Tatlock said:

He wasn't banned for his original post, he was banned for an abusive attack on me.

I get that. 

He has a point about a significant amount of police up before the beak though. 

12 hours ago, Harry Lamb said:

Big improvement on the days when one was found in the police club playing with stolen darts. I still remember the flight risk jokes at the time.

Big improvement on the great Strand Street robberies of the 1970s.

2 hours ago, Gizo said:

I get that. 

He has a point about a significant amount of police up before the beak though. 

Those links to newspaper reports are quite impressive for a smallish law enforcement agency and suggest the exact same bad culture of entitlement that you see right across government. I’m not going to get convicted of drive driving as I police the laws that apply to other people! 

• Like 1