Summer hibernation over?

Manx Bean

Is it my imagination, or is there a correlation between the end of the “Summer recess” and the number of MHKs popping up on Manx Radio etc to make their views known on matters of national importance, despite the fact a number of the items of national importance didn’t - unlike them - disappear from sight after the July sitting?

Oh well, I suppose we should be at least grateful that some of them will be sporting a healthy tan after their taxpayer funded salaries paid for their annual summer all-inclusive holiday in some exotic clime.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Manx Bean said:

Is it my imagination, or is there a correlation between the end of the “Summer recess” and the number of MHKs popping up on Manx Radio etc to make their views known on matters of national importance, despite the fact a number of the items of national importance didn’t - unlike them - disappear from sight after the July sitting?

Oh well, I suppose we should be at least grateful that some of them will be sporting a healthy tan after their taxpayer funded salaries paid for their annual summer all-inclusive holiday in some exotic clime.

Traditionally Tynwald sessions were timed to allow the members/ farmers to get their harvest in.

I don't know what the justification is nowadays.

Some contentious issues arose in between the final sitting of Tynwald/HoK and the start of the new political year. One meaty issue, which has the potential to cause serious reputational damage to the island, namely the collapse of King Gaming. I’m sure IOMG, Starship Enterprise, the Cabinet Office and CM Cannan would love this to disappear.