Hooper has resigned

Fred the shred

6 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

Then you ask the question if Cannan is ousted what will change?

The likely answer is nothing 

Letterheads and webpages - that'll change.  

Eventually, when GTS get round to finding a contractor to sub it out to.  

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Tinpot said:

Maybe he will concentrate on his constituents now, and start brushing up on his accountancy skills which he will hopefully need to fall back on in a couple of years.

Peter Karran always had it as a rule that Liberal Vannin MHKs should not accept Ministerial posts and as the first Liberal Vannin Minister to have a long term post Hooper has proven him right. Between himself and Liberal Vannin they have not covered themselves in glory over his term as Health Minister. Including Liberal Vannin supporting the putting up of income tax on poor and struggling Manx workers to fund their Ministers health aspirations. They became a pro government, pro tax increase, and pro ignore the bloat and incompetence party purely in pursuit of Hoopers political aspirations. Hopefully he is back to concentrating on his constituents needs now as an opposition member in what should be an opposition party - not some fawning Comin apologist pro tax increase party. 

Cannan has not been a decent leader from the start but he has nowhere to go he won’t resign I don’t think.    He will probably swing Allinson over to Minister of Health and perhaps look at Ashford for Treasury as far as I can remember Ashford has never opposed him in anything so he is probably one he can count on.  Now is the time for Theresa Cope to step down but again she won’t as again has nowhere else to go.    It is a big mess if they get rid of Manx Care they will be left with a gaping hole management wise.

4 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

That old Manx Forums battle cry: "Everything is shit and we will fight anyone who wants to change things!"

It's just looking at the evidence they are all cut from the same cloth and don't actually have the power to change anything

• Like 1

Just now, Fred the shred said:

Peter Karran was the Minister for Education, not for long, but it happened.   Beecroft caused unimaginable damage as Health Minister but that was gross incompetence and nothing to do with the party she was in .   

Karran was handed Education just as loads of cuts came in - to make him the target for public anger.

Edge will be in Health next.  I'm sure Alf has unfinished business with her.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, x-in-man said:

Edge isn't that daft and will want revenge.  When you have five Ministers you have sacked on the backbenches, the Keys is always going to be interesting.

Edited to add:  I suspect Cannan will offer it to Haywood, though whether she will take it is another matter.  August-Hanson might be an option if he is really desperate.

Edited by Roger Mexico
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, x-in-man said:

Karran was handed Education just as loads of cuts came in - to make him the target for public anger.

Karran was in charge when government funded childcare was scrapped.  A catastrophic decision.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Fred the shred said:

Beecroft caused unimaginable damage as Health Minister but that was gross incompetence and nothing to do with the party she was in

"Unimaginable damage"?   Can you name anything she caused which was more damaging than the establishment of the DHSC / Manx Care split?

• Like 3

Shambolic bunch,  and so sad the Manx public are left wondering which talentless alternatives should be Buggins next.  We need a public conversation on our governance structures, effectiveness of Tynwald and their relationship with a bloated unaccountable civil service.

• Like 3