Hooper has resigned

Fred the shred

6 minutes ago, Hocus Pocus said:

Shambolic bunch,  and so sad the Manx public are left wondering which talentless alternatives should be Buggins next.  We need a public conversation on our governance structures, effectiveness of Tynwald and their relationship with a bloated unaccountable civil service.

MHKs should be restricted to two terms. There's no incentive to implement any unpopular change with the current granny farming system. 

Knowing they are out on their arses in a maximum of ten years may focus a few minds. 

Edited by Dave Hedgehog
  • Like 5

35 minutes ago, Fred the shred said:

Cannan has not been a decent leader from the start but he has nowhere to go he won’t resign I don’t think.    He will probably swing Allinson over to Minister of Health and perhaps look at Ashford for Treasury as far as I can remember Ashford has never opposed him in anything so he is probably one he can count on.  Now is the time for Theresa Cope to step down but again she won’t as again has nowhere else to go.    It is a big mess if they get rid of Manx Care they will be left with a gaping hole management wise.

Ahh Ashford, no doubt will be the self professed Warren Buffet of the IOM treasury !

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, 2112 said:

MHk Joney has resigned as well from the DHSC. Not much loyalty with her.

She’s also been critical of the cuts , to be fair to Hooper and I don’t really like him at least he resigned in protest at the cuts which he has consistently been saying he voted against in Comin with no support. I’m very disappointed in some of the other ministers like JPW, Tim Johnson and Daphne who I thought would stand up against the cuts 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Banker said:

She’s also been critical of the cuts , to be fair to Hooper and I don’t really like him at least he resigned in protest at the cuts which he has consistently been saying he voted against in Comin with no support. I’m very disappointed in some of the other ministers like JPW, Tim Johnson and Daphne who I thought would stand up against the cuts 

Hooper doesn't exactly say he had no support:

Last week, Council were asked to reconfirm their commitment to a free at the point of use National Health Service, and they would not make this commitment, Council were also presented with the context and likely impacts on patients of the healthcare cuts the chief minister is publicly calling for, in the hope that, having seen the potentially serious impacts, that they would change course.

He's speaking of 'Council' as a whole, so there may have been others opposed, but nor a majority.

13 minutes ago, Auntie Depressant said:

Alf has appointed himself as Health Minister. 

In an act of complete humility with no self indulgence or arrogance on display whatsoever - his thought process recently is bewildering and very Collisteresque “how can I possibly make myself look even worse ? That’s the path ill take then”

21 minutes ago, Banker said:

Little tit has not resigned over cuts, he knows people will remember the twats implementing cuts. Get the fuck out, election in 2 years give people time to forget and move on to the next crises. Knobhead

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

In an act of complete humility with no self indulgence or arrogance on display whatsoever - his thought process recently is bewildering and very Collisteresque “how can I possibly make myself look even worse ? That’s the path ill take then”

Or he offered the job to everyone, and they all - including Ashford - declined.

"Mr Hooper said that last week, the Council of Ministers had been asked to confirm their commitment to a free at the point of use NHS. ‘They would not give that commitment,’ he said."

Therefore the Council of Ministers is intent on privatising the health service.

The public will in future have to pay for private medical insurance, but meanwhile the taxes currently being used to pay for the health service will not be reduced. The money will instead be used to expand the Civil Service.

Of course, Civil Servants will get private health care as part of their employment package.

And free parking in Douglas.

Some people think I am cynical.

• Haha 1