Hooper has resigned

Fred the shred

1 minute ago, Ringy Rose said:

Nah, it’s very much the other way around with Cannan. The civil servants who do as they’re told get promoted, the ones who don’t get booted.

Why on earth do you think Cannan hand-picked Andy Ralphs to lead the civil service? Ralphs is the intellectual equivalent of shitting in your hands and clapping, but he does as he’s told.

I'll have some of what you're on. The very idea of the dog wagging the tail!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

MHKs should be restricted to two terms. There's no incentive to implement any unpopular change with the current granny farming system. 

Knowing they are out on their arses in a maximum of ten years may focus a few minds. 

All of that talent on the scrapheap though.

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, woolley said:

I'll have some of what you're on. The very idea of the dog wagging the tail!

Cannan personally pushed out the last Chief Secretary and personally appointed the new Chief Executive. The new one’s a bag of chips shoved into a cheap Burton suit, but he’s pliable.

But please do tell me more about how the civil servants are the ones in charge.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Ringy Rose said:

Anyone with half a brain can see exactly what the Temu Toryboy Cannan is about. Which is why the list of MHKs who voted for Cannan reads as the list of MHKs who are less than half-witted.

According to Hansard:

The Members who voted for Mr Cannan, there were 14 and they are: Ms Lord-Brennan, Mrs Poole-Wilson, Mr Callister, Ms Edge, Mr Peters, Mr Crookall, Mr Smith, Mr Ashford, Mrs Corlett, Mr Cannan, Mr Moorhouse, Mr Glover, Mr Johnston and Mrs Barber.

The Members who voted for Dr Allinson were 8 in number, and they were: Mrs Caine, Dr Haywood, Mr Hooper, Dr Allinson, Mrs Maltby, Ms Faragher, Mrs Christian and Mr Speaker.

And there were two spoilt papers [Thomas and Wannenburgh]

Wannenburgh, Faragher and Maltby voted against Cannan in the confirmation vote.

What a complete mess Cannan is presiding over.  He is clearly isolated and I cannot see this administration carrying on to the next election. That said, Manx care was always an exaggerated and top heavy solution to the existing department that would probably be flourishing with the vast amounts of extra resources  Manx Care have been given in past 4 years or so. In short Manx Care continues to disappoint whilst holding out the open hand for more funds. The CEO, for all her willingness to engage and defend is presiding over a failing money pit of an organisation. She should reflect on the performance.  The political gamesmanship that Manx Care is constantly playing needs to stop.   I suspect matters are coming to a head.

• Like 3

Just now, Roger Mexico said:

The Members who voted for Mr Cannan, there were 14 and they are: Ms Lord-Brennan, Mrs Poole-Wilson, Mr Callister, Ms Edge, Mr Peters, Mr Crookall, Mr Smith, Mr Ashford, Mrs Corlett, Mr Cannan, Mr Moorhouse, Mr Glover, Mr Johnston and Mrs Barber.

As I was saying 😆

Edge, Lord-Brennan, Ashford, Callister, and DJ Gammon. A who’s who of, well, something.

Nothing will change as long as the Chief Minister is chosen in such an anti-democratic way.

St Joney off too what a great day for democracy. I bet Rob Callister is laughing his cock off. She was all over Facebook last week proposing that the IOM bring in inheritance tax to pay for her failed health service. She’s another who could be replaced by a tailors dummy or a scarecrow and nobody would notice. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

"Mr Hooper said that last week, the Council of Ministers had been asked to confirm their commitment to a free at the point of use NHS. ‘They would not give that commitment,’ he said."

Therefore the Council of Ministers is intent on privatising the health service.

The public will in future have to pay for private medical insurance, but meanwhile the taxes currently being used to pay for the health service will not be reduced.

Though Allinson flatly denied this. I think we'll finish up with a fudge where there's a creeping programme of charges for different things. More prescription charges? Charges to see a GP?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hmmmm said:

election. That said, Manx care was always an exaggerated and top heavy solution to the existing department that would probably be flourishing with the vast amounts of extra resources  Manx Care have been given in past 4 years or so.

Manx Care was set up as the cover for privatisation. The extra resources have had plenty of conditions attached, especially the millions they were forced to pay to PHL Synaptik. £18.6m in total for the “waiting list reduction”, the non-specified bulk of which went to private companies. That’s remarkably close to the “overspend”.

Edited by Ringy Rose
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hmmmm said:

What a complete mess Cannan is presiding over.  He is clearly isolated and I cannot see this administration carrying on to the next election. That said, Manx care was always an exaggerated and top heavy solution to the existing department that would probably be flourishing with the vast amounts of extra resources  Manx Care have been given in past 4 years or so. In short Manx Care continues to disappoint whilst holding out the open hand for more funds. The CEO, for all her willingness to engage and defend is presiding over a failing money pit of an organisation. She should reflect on the performance.  The political gamesmanship that Manx Care is constantly playing needs to stop.   I suspect matters are coming to a head.

Ann Corlett spoke out today, she said that based on her experience of health, the threat of cutting Frontline services was a tool used to gain a larger budget.

Based on experience.... pretty damning.

9 minutes ago, Ringy Rose said:

Cannan personally pushed out the last Chief Secretary and personally appointed the new Chief Executive. The new one’s a bag of chips shoved into a cheap Burton suit, but he’s pliable.

But please do tell me more about how the civil servants are the ones in charge.

Seriously? You think Tynwald runs the Island? Ok.