Hooper has resigned

Fred the shred

Just now, Roger Mexico said:

This isn't quite right.  What Cannan really wants is to be surrounded by yes-men who tell him what he wants to hear.   So anyone who points out that his ideas are impractical or not thought through or just a succession of meaningless buzzwords will certainly not be in favour.

Fair, I’ll give you that.

I think the senior civil service have become nodding dogs just as much as Comin are. He thinks in bullshit and surrounds himself with bullshit and that’s why we are where we are.

I wish we had some civil servants with the Machiavellian touch to butter Cannan up whilst really doing exactly what they want. At least someone with a bit of nous would be in charge, instead of the Temu Toryboy.

Instead we have Andy Ralphs and Teresa Cope. The pair of them are 20W bulbs in a 50W fitting.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Personally I think every one including pensioners should pay unless long term conditions and on low incomes

And then you need to have your bureaucracy created to decide which long term conditions count (cancer? diabetes? schizophrenia? depression?) and how low an income is low enough to qualify (income support? minimum wage?). Means testing isn’t cheap.

Do you make the fee a flat fee? Or do you make it based on income? Or based on the cost of the drug? More bureaucrats to decide on that.

And then you need more bureaucrats to go after those who lie about entitlement. And then you need more bureaucrats to regulate the bureaucrats- an appeal process, a complaints process, etc etc.

Just the wage bill alone for that bureaucracy in England is heading towards £200m a year.

No wonder Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland just gave up and made it free. I bet it doesn’t cost them any more.

Edited by Ringy Rose
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Hmmmm said:

What a complete mess Cannan is presiding over.  He is clearly isolated and I cannot see this administration carrying on to the next election. That said, Manx care was always an exaggerated and top heavy solution to the existing department that would probably be flourishing with the vast amounts of extra resources  Manx Care have been given in past 4 years or so. In short Manx Care continues to disappoint whilst holding out the open hand for more funds. The CEO, for all her willingness to engage and defend is presiding over a failing money pit of an organisation. She should reflect on the performance.  The political gamesmanship that Manx Care is constantly playing needs to stop.   I suspect matters are coming to a head.

Same for Manx Development Corporation. Who have cost millions in wages and delivered nothing apart from some empty and rotting homes.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, cissolt said:

Ann Corlett spoke out today, she said that based on her experience of health, the threat of cutting Frontline services was a tool used to gain a larger budget.

Based on experience.... pretty damning.

Loosetalk from the government canteen?

27 minutes ago, Ringy Rose said:

Fair, I’ll give you that.

I think the senior civil service have become nodding dogs just as much as Comin are. He thinks in bullshit and surrounds himself with bullshit and that’s why we are where we are.

I wish we had some civil servants with the Machiavellian touch to butter Cannan up whilst really doing exactly what they want. At least someone with a bit of nous would be in charge, instead of the Temu Toryboy.

Instead we have Andy Ralphs and Teresa Cope. The pair of them are 20W bulbs in a 50W fitting.

I think that at one time, years ago, there was much better partnership working between political leadership and senior civil service leadership. But that’s gone. 

19 minutes ago, english zloty said:

Same for Manx Development Corporation. Who have cost millions in wages and delivered nothing apart from some empty and rotting homes.

Is that the same lot doing up the old nurses home ?

And if so it hasn’t half gone quiet on that site. Another shambles to be announced when they can fit it in maybe ? 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, english zloty said:

Another “private partnership” that is all about Cannan funnelling my money into the pockets of his mates.

It’s the KWC way.

• Like 1