999 calls

Tinpot

10 hours ago, WTF said:

how many are pissed wankers ringing up 10 times about the same thing though ?

Based on something I have read this evening, I would say they couldn’t really happen as you can’t call 999 again from the same number within two hours - apparently.

2 minutes ago, Tinpot said:

Based on something I have read this evening, I would say they couldn’t really happen as you can’t call 999 again from the same number within two hours - apparently.

Hmmm, I don't know what you read but

Prosecuting advocate Peter Connick told the court that Tatlow made six ‘999’ calls between 8am and 8.30am on August 10.

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/pensioner-made-persistent-nuisance-999-calls-729984

• Thanks 1

Serious question - why are the staff in the 999 control centre all required to wear police or ambulance uniforms. Surely mufti with a big name badge would suffice.

Did I see that Manx Care spends around a quarter of a million pound according to the Axapta code on staff uniforms. 

12 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

Yeah that's not true

12 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

Yeah that's not true

9 hours ago, Passing Time said:

How surprising…

Never said it was true.  Said it was based on something I had read, and emphasised that by putting “apparently” at the end.

6 hours ago, Apple said:

Serious question - why are the staff in the 999 control centre all required to wear police or ambulance uniforms. Surely mufti with a big name badge would suffice.

Did I see that Manx Care spends around a quarter of a million pound according to the Axapta code on staff uniforms. 

Because they are police officers and paramedics, and sometime even the fire people are in there. One day they are in there, on others they might be out on patrol or on the trucks.

The rest of the ESJCR staff - call takers, dispatchers and supervisors all have their own workwear. 

Most control rooms do. 

Edited by Derek Flint

10 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

One day they are in there, on others they might be out on patrol or on the trucks.

So they rotate the uniformed staff on a daily or regular basis.