Where to post?

The Phantom

I know we bash the Govt quite a bit.  But now it seems everything is merging into one and all the incompetence is cross pollinating. 

Alf's Plan = People Trafficing = shortage of funds = Manx Care = Crogga = windfarm = firm closing = hospitality

It's all so interwoven into general incompetence that I'm struggling to determine where to post stuff now. 

It's like some sort of fever dream.

• Like 4

Theyve inflicted so much damage on the island, I genuinely think its beyond saving. Its not just this lot, but theyre certainly up there with the worst of the worst. You see people like Stu Peters telling us with his manefesto that things must change and hes the one to do it, yet now all you get is smart arsed remarks and its best to do it on the QT form the inside. Its just a joke. 

Glover calls for a vote of no confidence, like pissing in the wind, then most on here call him out for doing it. I just dont really understand. Yes its futile, yes theres no one of any use to replace Cannan, but how the fuck will things ever change if we dont have politicians who are willing to stand up and be counted? I have no idea what the answer is, but the island appears well and truly fucked - everything they touch turns to an expensive pile of shit.

Its so hard to take, we all work hard and pay our taxes, which are then royally pissed up the wall by incompetents who couldnt run a tap let alone a small nation. 

Every single one of them should hang their head in shame at this disgraceful mess.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 15

The Island's governance has to be at some sort of nadir now, fiscal (we can't even afford get kids to swimming lessons now, apparently), moral (if you consider the trafficking revelations), a vote of no confidence called, health services administration in turmoil. Could it actually get any worse?

• Like 2

We always seem to reach this stage. 'It's the worst government ever'.

Perhaps it's just mid-term blues and everything looks messy.

'You will probably recognise the quote. When Prime Minister Harold Macmillan was asked what was the greatest challenge for a statesman, he replied: ‘Events, dear boy, events’. The same is true for most leaders and organisations.

Events Happen. When they do a lot of things are at stake: lives, livelihoods, reputation. So knowing how to respond is a key survival skill for leaders and organisations of all kinds. In my own career I have learnt many of my most important lessons – including how to manage incidents - the hard way: by making mistakes. As President Kennedy liked to say: “Good judgement is usually the result of experience. And experience is frequently the result of bad judgement”.'

Discimus agendo

Edited by Moghrey Mie

29 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

The Island's governance has to be at some sort of nadir now, fiscal (we can't even afford get kids to swimming lessons now, apparently), moral (if you consider the trafficking revelations), a vote of no confidence called, health services administration in turmoil. Could it actually get any worse?

it could be raining again .

• Haha 3

There are loads of places to post without starting a new thread on local news...when it's not news. 

Maybe set up a new thread on chat or keep posting on Alfs had a a dream thread.

Trouble with starting new random threads is that stuff gets lost and duplicated. So we end up having different conversations and same conversations on different threads/ subjects. 

I guess that's why someone (maybe JW) set up threads like the promenade mega thread ( formally peel road) and the infamous COVID thread. 

Just now, Happier diner said:

There are loads of places to post without starting a new thread on local news...when it's not news. 

Maybe set up a new thread on chat or keep posting on Alfs had a a dream thread.

Trouble with starting new random threads is that stuff gets lost and duplicated. So we end up having different conversations and same conversations on different threads/ subjects. 

I guess that's why someone (maybe JW) set up threads like the promenade mega thread ( formally peel road) and the infamous COVID thread. 

Yes, we know that. If I may presume to understand The Phantom's point, it is that all woes lead to one source and are intertwined.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Wake Up Call said:

Abandon the keyboard and take to the streets.

I can remember posters on here 10+ years ago saying that they would do just that if it ever got to the stage that the NI Fund was touched by Govt for purposes other than its state pension purpose. Well, 'twould appear that we've got to that stage...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Yes, we know that. If I may presume to understand The Phantom's point, it is that all woes lead to one source and are intertwined.

Understand. But if the answer is having a mega I hate government thread, starting a new one? Is that the answer?

Perhaps the mods should alter the title of the Alf cannon I have a dream one.