Where to post?

The Phantom

Government failures are always the responsibility of those at the top. The buck stops with them. Stating that projects started under the previous adminstration and therefore not the responsibility of the current one is a bit naive. It's up to any new adminstration to audit previous projects and determine if they are still feasible, not just rubber stamp them. If you can't handle the heat don't put yourself in line for the top job. If you adore praise you also have to accept criticism and accept when you are wrong.

• Like 3

Well, the ministerial roundabout hasn't helped in getting a grip of issues.  The drive for an increased population has, possibly, led to corners being cut and, as we have seen, many decisions made now have consequences far down the line. 

Only now is any kind of action been taken in PS recruitment, something that has been festering for years.  

Where confidence has been lost, for me, is the failure to, generally, get a grip.  Paul Moulton posted a very old interview with Alf where he was calling for greater control and accountability in government, now he has the reins, what has he done to further those old ambitions?  We had high hopes with the clear out following Ranson, but it stopped.

If you are leading, you cannot continually blame your predecessors for the mess you have now, you have to deal with the mess. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, CATHYJAY said:

. It's up to any new adminstration to audit previous projects and determine if they are still feasible

And then everyone would complain they weren’t doing anything positive or bringing any of their own ideas.

They can’t win.

Social media plays a big part.  Glover is doing this for likes and comments, that’s all.

You can't just continue with incompetence just because you are limited by others capable of doing the job. Would a successful company continually put up with poor decision making and incompetence from a member of staff?? No they wouldn't. These people get their wages from us, it is about time they answered to US. Instead of hiding away, and treating us with distain.

1 minute ago, Tinpot said:

And then everyone would complain they weren’t doing anything positive or bringing any of their own ideas.

They can’t win.

Social media plays a big part.  Glover is doing this for likes and comments, that’s all.

Why would people complain about that? 

They have already 'won', (been elected); they just now need to fulfill their side of the bargain and govern. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tinpot said:

They can’t win.

I'm sure if a project by the previous administration had been cancelled because of say cost implications for the public, or poor value for money, and a more reasonable plan put forward I'm sure many would have applauded that rather than just go along with what was previously proposed.  

25 minutes ago, Tinpot said:

So give an example of something that is a mess now that the current administration could have done something about?

I will start.  Everyone moans about DOI.  Since the last election they have a completely new management team and the standard of work competed seems to have improved dramatically, especially the paving team which is very public and visible.

Improvements and changes at government scale take years to filter through.

Kicking Alf out is akin to football supporters shouting for a new manager to be fired when he has only had half a season at a club.  They then tend to realise they have nobody better to replace the person they have just hounded out.

I'm not really blaming Alf directly and appreciate this a culmination of many many fuck ups. But he is the Chief. The buck has to stop somewhere. God knows it isn't stopping anywhere else. His 'dream' is just compounding all the issues. 

• Like 2

Just now, The Phantom said:

I'm not really blaming Alf directly and appreciate this a culmination of many many fuck ups. But he is the Chief. The buck has to stop somewhere. God knows it isn't stopping anywhere else. His 'dream' is just compounding all the issues. 

Totally agree. And you have to question given all what's happening was his "dream" really appropriate?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The Phantom said:

If you keep on attributing blame and accountability to your predecessors, you are never going to deal with what you have and no one ever takes responsibility for addressing the issues inherited.  It is a facile argument.  

'Hey boy, that's what you are there for.'

• Like 1

Just now, Gladys said:

If you keep on attributing blame and accountability to your predecessors, you are never going to deal with what you have and no one ever takes responsibility for addressing the issues inherited.  It is a facile argument.  

'Hey boy, that's what you are there for.'

Agreed as I said earlier, if you want the plaudits for the good things you have accept the shit for the bad. And you have to deal with that "shit" If you can't or won't maybe you shouldn't be in THAT job.

• Like 2

Just now, CATHYJAY said:

Agreed as I said earlier, if you want the plaudits for the good things you have accept the shit for the bad. And you have to deal with that "shit" If you can't or won't maybe you shouldn't be in THAT job.

Sadly, running a country means you have to take the shit and deal with it.  You are in charge, mate, deal with it.  To a degree it doesn't matter who caused it, but how YOU dealt with it. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, CATHYJAY said:

DOI admittedly seems better. But I'm struggling to see many other positives from this administration. 

I'm honestly not intending to have a random flap. It's just that I was attempting to post something in the 'Dream' thread, which then referred to the trafficking, which then referred to Crogga, then Police with guns, then something else. I just thought "where the fuck do I post this now?" 😫

Edited by The Phantom
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Sadly, running a country means you have to take the shit and deal with it.  You are in charge, mate, deal with it.  To a degree it doesn't matter who caused it, but how YOU dealt with it. 

Yes exactly that. Unfortunately it would appear those at the top to simply believe it will all blow over given time. Exprience of the past governments have give them this belief.

Edited by CATHYJAY
wrongly worded
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

DOI admittedly seems better. But I'm struggling to see many other positives from this administration. 

I'm honestly not intending to have a random flap. It's just that I attempting to post something in the 'Dream' thread, which then referred to the trafficking, which then referred to the Police with guns, then something else. I just thought "where the fuck do I post this now?" 😫

A random flap is completely excusable.  Over the past couple of weeks, it would seem we have just encountered the political equivalent of a massive fatberg. 

It was all fine until someone lifted the manhole covers because of this funny smell. 

Edited by Gladys
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1