Classic TT 2025

Tinpot

Classic TT to make a return in 2025.

Good news.  I always thought it was a great event and wondered why they ended it.  When you have a brand as big as the TT you should use it wherever possible.

Hopefully this will be a great event.

Let the moaning commence.

IMG_2530.jpeg

Edited by Tinpot
  • Like 2

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/manx-grand-prix-2024-sales-slump-by-up-to-45-at-iconic-pub-as-traders-call-for-action-716897

In a joint statement issued over the weekend, the MMC and ACU Events defended the shorter schedule, saying that they aren’t able to put on more racing days because of the Grand Prix’s reliance on off-island volunteers for medical and marshal cover to ensure races can go ahead.

They must have found the marshals and medics they were lacking over the last 2 months!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Banker said:

Helmut, Gizo and the other Motorsport haters will be furious over these great improvements!!

Improvements? It was originally a two week event, condensed into a shorter event, which has been found wanting due to weather conditions and lack of flexibility. Hopefully Starship Enterprise won’t screw things up? 

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Ringy Rose said:

It’s the same underlying schedule as before, a week of practice and three days of racing.

It’s back to a two week schedule for the full event.  

https://gef.im/news/breaking/two-weeks-of-bikes-beers-and-banter-returns-50984

Which to be honest is not great news for most businesses on the island.  I guess it’s good for hospitality though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CATHYJAY said:

Problem was always cutting the event down, there is no leeway for poor weather, as was proved this year. Many fans seriously disappointed. 

Indeed. They need a serious marketing campaign over the next year IMO, just to get 50% of those who were here this year to return, let alone increase numbers.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Indeed. They need a serious marketing campaign over the next year IMO, just to get 50% of those who were here this year to return, let alone increase numbers.

I totally agree, with you they will need that, because many I spoke to in Ramsey centre had come to the conclusion it wasn't worth the money. I spoke to a group Norwegians, a couple from America and several Germans. A huge PR job will need to done.

I was listening to John McBride it sounds good and I am glad this is happening but like a previous poster I cannot see what has changed regarding the reasons for change I.e. medics and Marshalls.    I expect it would have been a step too far for an admission that they had screwed up and were now trying to fix the format.   

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Fred the shred said:

I was listening to John McBride it sounds good and I am glad this is happening but like a previous poster I cannot see what has changed regarding the reasons for change I.e. medics and Marshalls.    I expect it would have been a step too far for an admission that they had screwed up and were now trying to fix the format.   

Things change, more proactive in attracting and training volunteers? 

Yes this should have been going on anyway it is far more preferable to have local Marshalls as they are available for training etc.   I know the Marshalls have some social events this could be developed, get a younger age group interested, this needs doing in the winter months putting notices up at the last minutes is not a good look.   Apathy rules wherever you look on the Island.