Uk crackdown on benefits fraud

Banker

3 minutes ago, Apple said:

How will the DWP know they are fraudsters if they have not been convicted through a courts system ? Guilty unless proven innocent ?

Well, that was how the PO went about it, and even then, it went through the court system, hence the hundreds of unsafe convictions. 

I would really not have any confidence in any investigation undertaken by the victim itself, particularly with the mantra of 'protecting public funds' to excuse all sorts of poor behaviour and practice. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

The percentage of fraud was 3.7% and this was down to fraud and error either official error or claimant error. Actual fraud was 2.8%. Meanwhile tax evasion 14%. It would serve them better to get all the monies back from fraudulent contracts awarded to family and friends during Covid. Including Mrs Mone. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, CATHYJAY said:

The percentage of fraud was 3.7% and this was down to fraud and error either official error or claimant error. Actual fraud was 2.8%. Meanwhile tax evasion 14%. It would serve them better to get all the monies back from fraudulent contracts awarded to family and friends during Covid. Including Mrs Mone. 

I might have dreamt this but....I'm sure I read somewhere a few years back that there was up to ten times as much money lost through tax evasion in the UK as there was through benefit fraud.  However, there was ten times as many fraud investigative officers going after the benefit cheats as there was going after the tax evaders.

I'm sure the Capita and Dependability Ltd like companies will be licking their lips at Labours plans to attack the weakest and most vulnerable in society once again!

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, CATHYJAY said:

The 30+ billion lost on track and replace seems to have gone awfully quiet as well. 

As for the isle of man, we are so focused on punishing people for meagre over payments on benefits we don't notice 160 people living in 2 houses in onchan and being great like slaves.  Let's get our priorities in order.

• Like 3