Uk crackdown on benefits fraud

Banker

@cissolt @PhotoMan I totally agree figures ranging from 29 billion and 37 billion for track and trace I mean that would fill the UK's deficit by itself. But so far nada zilch.  It's always those at the lowest end of the scale that get investigated. Meanwhile those at the top never get court, and those that do have the best legal minds available to get them off. Talk about priorities!!!

• Like 4

I trust all those in receipt of UK State Pension already know that UK gov classes it as a 'benefit' and therefore this proposal means they can root around and debit any UK bank accounts the SP may be paid into.

Does anyone know if all Manx/CI based accounts would be safe from this level of interference ?

13 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I’m sure that properly taxing the super rich, and recovering money from benefit fraudsters are not mutually exclusive 

While that is technically correct, which do you think will have the highest reward to effort ratio?

But then, as we all know, those at the lower end of the wealth scale don't have access to media empires to steer the easily manipulated towards their agenda (almost turned into B***** post).

"A billionaire tax evader, the person on the street and someone on benefits are sat at a table with three cookies..." you know the rest.

• Thanks 1

Great bit of local news Banker.

What I love about the DWP is how they lump “fraud and error” in together. Errors are where the DWP officials didn’t do their job properly. The actual fraud rate is a tiny percentage of what the DWP call “fraud and error”, my knowledge is a bit out of date but when I worked in that sector it was quite a bit less than 1% (overall) was actual fraud. The rest of that 3.7% was the DWP getting simple calculations wrong.  

Edited by Ringy Rose
  • Like 3