At Last Trial Date Set

crumlin

From MR News.

The wife of the ex Chief Minister appeared in court today with her Advocate Dawn Jones. Mrs Corkill has pleaded not Guilty to two charges related to the theft act. Her Trial has been set to be heard starting December 5th 2005 and is expected to last until December 9th.

Will this be an open Court or would we have to buy our tickets from the Neds :lol:

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From MR News.

The wife of the ex Chief Minister appeared in court today with her Advocate Dawn Jones. Mrs Corkill has pleaded not Guilty to two charges related to the theft act. Her Trial has been set to be heard starting December 5th 2005 and is expected to last until December 9th.

Will this be an open Court or would we have to buy our tickets from the Neds :lol:

I know I am being thick, but why the "Neds"?

From MR News.

Is it not the norm for the Neds to make a buck or two out of the Public :o

From MR News.

think i'm being thick also - why are they called the Neds?

Because Richard Corkhill looks a bit like Ned Flanders.

...and because in the old days of forums many haircuts ago, accusations against the pair were considered extremely dodgy (being as RC was Chief Minister), as none of this had yet come out in the press.

Referring to the Corkills as the "Flanders" seemed an obvious way to allow discussions on the subject to take place without moderators having to delete almost everything.

That's actually a fallacy. Using pseudonyms to get around libel laws doesn't stand up in court if they can prove that it's identifying. You don't have to use a name if it's clear who you mean.

Because Richard Corkhill looks a bit like Ned Flanders.

They never call them the Flanders because everyone gets confused about apostrophes and possesive tenses.

...even those of us who can spell possessive...

Archived