At Last Trial Date Set

crumlin

3FM are reporting Julie Corkill was in court again this morning. I've heard or read nothing elsewhere this morning. Have they got it wrong? I thought it was next week when she was due to go on trial?

<specualtion>

Could it be to do with new charges?

</specualtion>

I thought I heard some news report a few weeks ago about there being two new charges against her.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"At Last Trial Date Set"

The thread title implies that at last justice will be seen.

The Manx Courts are little different to any other arm of our establishment. They can make anything say what they want it to say.

Murky deep Black is aactually, in essence a little grey, well . . . we'll call it off-white. In fact now I have had the argument put forward by a clever and sneaky advocate, it is most certainly white. Yes, it's in fact shiny white.

It looks like our forum friends will be looking (eventually) further afield for any sort of decent justice.

This thread/topic will be running for many, many years.

Anyone who has spent time in courts knows that delays are par for the course.

Please don't start geting conspiratorial about that.

Its only been 3 years now, and Ned only has to survive until November 2006 to pick up his big fat state pension and payoff

this case is completely pathetic from the point of view of the public confidence in the administration of justice...the police seem to stumble from one charge to another...the court dates keep getting put back...and as said earlier it will be no surpise if the case doesn't actually get dealt with until after the next General Election..surely the case could be heard before April?? good god are they saying there is so much crime that the system is fully booked until then?? what's the reason for April and not earlier???

To use the favourite phrase of one MHK "its all clubby clubby" - the system is failing and is bringing the administration of justice into disrepute.....

P.s. Does Ned practise stonecutting? maybe the delay is to allow him to dig a long escape tunnel...

Archived