At Last Trial Date Set

crumlin

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

heard the one about Mrs Ned Flanders's new jacuzzi corner bath...

she had it fitted but then discovered it leaked.....even as far as the road outside... so she had it taken out and took it back to the showroom from where she bought and complained to the salesman it leaked.... threatening to sue for having been supplied with something she asked for as a bit on the side...

the salesman asked her if she had ordered and bought a plug...

"oh you didn't tell me it was electric" she said....

:D

• 2 months later...

I can confirm that someone definitely did appear at the court on Friday.

Apparently, they were 'delivering' a 'package'. All quite mysterious.

They only made a brief appearance, leaving shortly after the 'package' had been 'signed' for.

Word on the street is that his name was Pat.

I was told earlier today that there had been an appearance in Court on Friday - can anyone report what that was all about and what happened??

Mrs Ned was not in court on Friday but her advocate was , gathering evidence Hope FCM and his cronies can remember their stories, they are the star witnesses for the prosecution, its FCM's allegations that have got it this far . Good Luck FCM ;)

this case is completely pathetic from the point of view of the public confidence in the administration of justice...the police seem to stumble from one charge to another...the court dates keep getting put back...and as said earlier it will be no surpise if the case doesn't actually get dealt with until after the next General Election..surely the case could be heard before April?? good god are they saying there is so much crime that the system is fully booked until then?? what's the reason for April and not earlier???

To use the favourite phrase of one MHK "its all clubby clubby" - the system is failing and is bringing the administration of justice into disrepute.....

P.s. Does Ned practise stonecutting? maybe the delay is to allow him to dig a long escape tunnel...

No but his father did

Well, it can't go nowhere. Unless you mean an out of court settlement or something similar. And that is very doubtful if not impossible I would have thought.

The people who decide this thing aren't supermen or God or anything. They are ex-practising lawyers. Who did all the things that current practising lawyers did and still do. We would like to think they are wisemen. :(

We would like to think they have been given super-human powers of some sort, but they haven't. They are, hopefully, the best of the recent crop of advocates, to make decisions.

Mmmhh, it's all a bit of a bastard really.

So which which way will 'they' flow?

Preferably the way which will keep the case insular and stop it from going to Appeal (although no probs there as such as it will still be heard by *ahem* 'friendly forces', and on Island).

But looking deeper . . . The Privy Council . . .

That will be when the shit hits the fan and the Island and its ex-CM will be under the spot light good anfd proper.

Sun. Private Eye. Daily Mail. Telegraph. Guardian etc.

And then of course the European Human Court thingy (doubtful they will be interested)

But it really isn't that big a deal is it?

Or is it?

I can confirm that someone definitely did appear at the court on Friday.

Apparently, they were 'delivering' a 'package'. All quite mysterious.

They only made a brief appearance, leaving shortly after the 'package' had been 'signed' for.

Word on the street is that his name was Pat.

I was told that it was a Mrs Glover from DTL that was in court (Court ordered to hand over documents).

I have also been told that the Queens Commission have been put on notice regarding this ongoing case and that the notice has been accepted, something to do with the ex Governor, several MHKs and Business men.

The reporters fron the Guardian were stoped from reporting and told to leave the Island recently and the work permit rules were used to stop them reporting,

The reporters fron the Guardian were stoped from reporting and told to leave the Island recently and the work permit rules were used to stop them reporting,

How are newspaper reporters employed by a UK company affected by our Work Permit system? They are not in Manx employment.

Sounds fishy.

Edit: Spelling

How are newspaper reporters employed by a UK company affected by our Work Permit system? They are not in Manx employment.

Sounds fishy.

Edit: Spelling

Maybe it would be worth you phoneing the Guardian and asking if the reorter and photographer were arrested outside of Tynwald and for what reason

I thought if you were working on the IoM you required a permit regardless of where the company might be based, excluding Manxies/Stayovers etc.

How would that work for freelance reporters etc?

Maybe it would be worth you phoneing the Guardian and asking if the reorter and photographer were arrested outside of Tynwald and for what reason

So they were told to leave, then they were arrested? Or was it the other way round?

If you know these facts, why invite me to phone an office where the most likely responce will be "Isle of where?". If you have time to type in that persons were arrested in a sinister manner, include the reasons, don't prompt speculation.

I thought if you were working on the IoM you required a permit regardless of where the company might be based, excluding Manxies/Stayovers etc.
As per your thoughts, I'm not sure either in this instance, thus my asking the question.

UK reporters are not being employed by and paid by an IOM company and I assume that they are here for 3 days or less at a time, so I think TheSkeat could at least be a bit more forthcoming with the facts as their knowledge of the events are obvoiusly far superior to the rest of us.

Archived