3fm One Year On-air

manxmedia

Happy Birthday 3FM  

61 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Here we go...

When im out in the car I spent most of the time flicking through Radio1 3fm and Energy

I think 3fm has its good points, they play classics like The police The jam, obv not everyones cup of Tea but I enjoy them.

Energy in the week is ok as they have started the 'no repeat work day' although i do think they play a bit too much dance music.

I do prefer 3fm to energy though, believe it has improved. I think if the presenters were a little bit happier it would be better!

yeah, it's an ok for me, in comparison to the peers like MR, energy but you know plenty of time to listen to dinosaur rock when yer dead. sick of bryan adams, thast starship lot like declan, chrissie hynde, queen and so on, i mean just even play some of the album tracks. Need to buy some more records; was quite sorry that energy seemed to retaliate by going more MOR but like slim says, it's a difficult market so don't blame them if their research showed they needed it. Great team at energy imo. GF reminds me of some mad drunk bloke you meet in country pubs ranting on about all sorts

Too much doof doof dance music for me on energy.

3 fm need some new records as well as presenters, That Nicholls bloke and Ferguson :o

Working nights I always listened to Ashley Bentley, but sadly show is no more, the saturday rock show on MR is excellent.

But for us night owls it is now radio 2, some good shows and presenters. :D

I normally listen to Manx Radio, but when the adverts, stock market report, obituaries, or the God slot come on I flick over to 3FM for a bit, quite like most of their music choices, could do with being a bit more varied though - there's too much of certain artists. I like the way they play music without too much babble from the presenter.

Rarely bother with Energy, since they started and it was pure dance - though on the rare time I do flick them on it's not as bad as it used to be.

Its funny how MR got rid of Ashley, there are far worse presenters, she was one of the best.

3FM is a bit of a 'nothing' really. Energy is good for the young ones, and I like Jason Quinn (he is always most pleasant) Manx Radio is good for local stuff and news and could concentrate on more global news stories, a radio 4 type of station.

I've got better things to listen to than 3FM. That doesnt mean I dont like it, I just never listen to it.

I met Ashley at the car show in Noble's park, and I think you'll find she's NOT been 'got rid of' at all...she has a new show on Sundays and does Ignition on Fridays.

Dunno, but I'm guessing MR are cutting their cloth, and getting the best out of the money they've (apparently NOT) got. Very few people must listen overnight, so it must be hard to sell adverts at 4am to pay to have someone there.

Fair points you make there Grumble.

Ashley's show had a very wide appeal. TBH I'm not normally into that celebrity cr4p and I don't usually give a toss who Boris Beckham is shifting or who's had the latest boob job etc. But I always found Ashley's show entertaining and she made a good laugh out of the latest celebrity gossip, such as how they take themselves sooooo seriously and all that.

Anyway, the point is, Manx Radio on the night time show was attracting an audience far wider than the Island.

It is true that Cubbon, Kermode & Corkish Ltd won't sell many Widgets locally advertising at 4:00am on Manx Radio, but I'm sure there must be some UK National or even International companies who would have liked a bit of that air-time.

There seemed to be a chance to make MR truly a worldwide broadcaster. Maybe this avenue was explored and not considered viable. Somehow though, I don't think it was.

Archived