What The?

Survivor

that's just it - i can't work it out - from one angle it looks like an oil rig, or a platform - but on thing is, is HUGE. the SeaCat is right in front of it - you can just see it's tail at the beginnin of the photo - and it absolutely dwarfs it.

well, the photo is taken from my flat - and I can assure you that it hasn't been there before - well, not in the past 5 years that I've been here anyway.

wonder how long it will be there as I can't see the Ben mooring up in there, guess it would have to use the other side

An unusual visitor to Manx waters has been moored at the Victoria Pier overnight.

The Mayflower Resolution is a wind turbine installation vessel, designed to carry out its work in hostile coastal environments.

She has six huge legs which are used to jack her clear of the water, converting her into a stable working platform.

The Mayflower Resolution is a hundred and thirty metres long and was constructed in China.

She is due to sail to Barrow in Cumbria at eight o'clock this morning (Saturday).

Archived