New Airline Service

Lonan3

I heard it announced on Manx Radio business news today that Belgian airline VLM are starting a service from IoM to Brussels via London City, plus a regular IoM - London City service. No statement on prices as yet, but their website is on the ball!

http://www.flyvlm.com/emc.asp?pageId=210

I just tried, and got a fare of £330 pp return, for a weekend to London City at the beginning of November. It seems the Dutch have recognised us for suckers, just like all the rest.

Oh, I notice that this excludes taxes!!!!!!!

Mr Pain, the airport director didn't say, 'This new service is to be welcomed. I shall be only too pleased to offer alternative employment to the workers from the Island's only resident airline when it finally goes bust thanks to the initiatives and policies my minister and I are implementing to ensure the continuing chaos in air services to and from Ronaldsway.'

Just checked their website.

A fleet of 14 Fokker F50s!

Based on 1958 technology.. woooo.

Blimey o riley bring back Emerald and their ancient HS748s all is forgiven!

Je$us this government is doing my head in.

I know what their upto, they are panicking now cus of Euromanxs route cuts. Who is going to fill all these new gates that they are building that is costing millions?

hmmmm, oh yes some wierd European airline flying ancient planes, they will do nicely.

Friday, 18 November Isle Of Man (IOM) London City (LCY) 17:00 18:20 VG168

Friday, 18 November London City (LCY) Amsterdam (AMS) 18:55 21:05 VG226

Tuesday, 22 November Amsterdam (AMS) London City (LCY) 07:45 08:00 VG213

Tuesday, 22 November London City (LCY) Isle Of Man (IOM) 09:00 10:15 VG161

Air fare cost

£127.00 Fare

£92.40 Tax

£219.40 Total

The basic fare isn't too steep- just a shame LCY and IOM have such high fees...

Thats the Manx Government for you, they just think your all bloody idiots and they could be right because you do nothing about it except to moan one or two words on an internet forum :lol:

And did the sale of the IOMSP go through today to Ned Kellys lot down under :lol:

Thats the Manx Government for you, they just think your all bloody idiots and they could be right because you do nothing about it except to moan one or two words on an internet forum :lol:

thoa0482li.jpg

thoa0482li.jpg

I think you all know by now that I dont let them shaft me ;);)

I think you all know by now that I dont let them shaft me ;);)

I wasn't aware that you'd won.

Its not a case of winning, just prepared to put my money were my mouth is and thats not being shafted, Oh I forgot to add a result has already been gained for the taxpayer ;);)

Archived