Pes 5

Speckled Frost

I dont think its out until the 21st. Pre-release reviews seem pretty positive although it will be interesting to see what extra tweaks then can get out of the new platforms. Still the best by a mile IMHO, the X Box live hook up can be particlarly humbling when pitted against the fan boys with their tinkered teams and formations.

I've got to decide if I'm going to bother or not!

I've bought 3 and 4 - and wholeheartedly agree that it's the #1 football title.

Just that the differences with new versions are getting more subtle every time :)

I'm sure one of my mates will pick it up anyhow, not like it's the kind of game I'd sit in and play on my own!

Its wicked, been playing the demo all week, all the things that were good about it are still good, and some of the bad things have been ironed out. Players respond quicker after being dispossessed instead of standing there looking gutted. Also they don't wander towards the ball watching it go out of play, you can actually get the ball now! Its quicker, passing and movement noticably so, so the counter attacks work much better. PROPER team licenses, for the big teams anyway, the graphics and animation is improved too.

Its another monster i reckon, although admittedly, i've been playing the demo free with OPS2 mag, so its only a half at a time, then a reload, grrrr, so i've not got into it as i'd like to. And its out this friday, get n!!

Picked up my copy from HMV this afternoon for the Xbox.

Initially looks good!

Players seem to move a lot differently from 4, they almost feel sluggish in a way, but I'm sure its just going to take a couple of games to get the "feel" of it.

Anyone else spent much time on it?

Need to generate a list of xbox live tag names to get the best out of our new 2mb connections for PES5

Tag MrButt

Any one wants a game add me. on line most nights..

Is it a universal "anyone can play" board or is it restricted to gay Xbox, and cool PS2 players seperately, ie, me on PS2, can i play you on Xbox?

How do you go about playing online games with the PS2, is it just a case of unplugging my adsl modem from my computer and plug it into the usb port on my PS2? Or do I have to sign up for some sort of extra service to be able to play the games online?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived