Tynwald Court Back In Action Today

Upstream

As secretary of the Manx Taxi Federation, would you care to disclose exactly how many people in the taxi trade you represent? In addition, the demographic relation to the population of taxi drivers on the Isle of Man?

I fear that you will not be willing to disclose such information because you represent a poor minority of militant troublemakers who have little else to worry about.

Nothing personal, I actually quite enjoy reading your posts ;)

The actual number of members has been supplied to the RTLC, who agreed that it was more than sufficient to be representative of the trade on the island. Without specifying those numbers - since they are only the concern of the MTF and the trade's governing body - I can confirm that the membership covers all districts, including several in your own district.

Admittedly there are, as in any organisation, a small number of 'militant troublemakers,' but they have been increasingly marginalised in recent times and I think it's fair to say that the line we're now pursuing is both rational and reasonable.

PS There's nothing to stop you joining and having your say in the way it's run if you wish! :)

A representative of the trade not the representative of the trade. If you have nothing to be ashamed of you would have no problem letting the everyone know how many paid up members you have.

No doubt your federation had a part to play in the Minister asking for another twelve months, don't you think that after all this time it's time to move on rather than as you suggest, going right back to the start?

Don't you think enough time and money has been wasted? :unsure:

No doubt your federation had a part to play in the Minister asking for another twelve months, don't you think that after all this time it's time to move on rather than as you suggest, going right back to the start?

Quote from the Minister at a meeting held this year (you can confirm this with your dad who was present at the time!) "I can't see much possibility of the all-island service coming in during the next five years."

At that point, we hadn't even mentioned it!

Incidentally, I said 'representative' of the trade, without either definite or indefinite article - even though it seems no one else is willing to try to tackle the mess caused by the 2001 Act and the RTLC. It's all too easy to snipe from a safe distance!

Quote from the Minister at a meeting held this year (you can confirm this with your dad who was present at the time!) "I can't see much possibility of the all-island service coming in during the next five years."

Are you Taxi Drivers blind, as for the all Island Taxi its already going on, every weekend Taxis from outside the Douglas area are picking up in Douglas some are leaving their mobile numbers by the pub phones. And one Airport taxi uses the comercial parking area in Regent street as his own rank during the day.

Are you Taxi Drivers blind, as for the all Island Taxi its already going on, every weekend Taxis from outside the Douglas area are picking up in Douglas some are leaving their mobile numbers by the pub phones. And one Airport taxi uses the comercial parking area in Regent street as his own rank during the day.

This is more or less what I'm getting at. But certain members of the trade want it all to themselves and expect the taxpayer to foot the bill for maintaining a shortfall in licenced taxis in the Douglas area and for the RTLC to enforce it. Even if it is against the will of the RTLC.

I'm off to book a holiday... I've had enough of this shower of sh1te <_<

Archived