"elite For Pocket Pc"

matty

I know there's a few "retro" gamers & Elite/Frontier fans kicking about on the forums.

Here's a link to a port of Elite for the PocketPC platform (Ipaq/Journada/XDA etc).

There's a few copyright restrictions, so the guys who've wrote/ported this can't actually market/ allow "free" downloads of the game, but you can get to the download it if you sign up as a "beta-tester".

I'm quite liking it at the moment - certainly kept me entertained during recent flights to/from Canada.

• 3 weeks later...

Great game, although I always preferred Elite 2: Frontier myself.. I can remember getting it for the Amiga few years back.. £40! It was a nice box set though, includes maps and manuals and whole load of stuff.

Anyway, I've got the pc version of Frontier, and Frontier: First Encounters if anyone wants a copy of them. Not very big, I could zip em up and email em easily. Just let me know.

• 4 weeks later...

I've had Freelancer for a long time, as well as X-2: The Threat, and neither of them have what Elite has. I think its the simplicity of Elite that makes it unique. These newer games try too hard sometimes to make a good game, and often overlook some aspects.. while with Elite if you didnt mind the graphics (which were actually excellent for their time) the actual game hasnt really got any bad points except for the fact there's no actual ending, but that never bothered me.

Archived