Steam Packet

Spatula girl

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For anyone interested in the Lady of Mann, she has been renamed and stripped of her manx colours etc, can't find any info to say she has left the dock in Liverpool, but she is due to sail from our waters any day now.......some recent piccies on here

http://www.ladyofmann.fsnet.co.uk/Panagia%20Soulema.htm

What a shame that the IOMSPCo haven't even given her a proper "farewell"....... afterall she served the IOm for 30 years and it is the 175th anniversary of the IOMSPCo.

For anyone interested in the Lady of Mann, she has been renamed and stripped of her manx colours etc, can't find any info to say she has left the dock in Liverpool, but she is due to sail from our waters any day now.......some recent piccies on here

http://www.ladyofmann.fsnet.co.uk/Panagia%20Soulema.htm

What a shame that the IOMSPCo haven't even given her a proper "farewell"....... afterall she served the IOm for 30 years and it is the 175th anniversary of the IOMSPCo.

I heard they did. Someone told me had a party for her and you weren't invited :P

Are we discussing a person or an inanimate boatlike object

Dont get me wrong I quite liked sailing on the thing - but ITS ONLY A BOAT

Incidentally, it's no use dashing for a fortifying dash of your favourite tipple as soon as the boat casts off anymore. The Steam Packet didn't bother to renew their licences so, from midnight tonight, you'll have to wait until it's 12 miles offshore before the bar opens.

wtf? The Lady of Mann's gone? Where have I been and how long have I been there?

I was just saying recently how I miss the days of King Orry and wondering how the Moby Dick's getting on. I never thought they'd let her go, but I really must stop getting attached to hunks of metal, although I can't see me ever feeling affection towards the Sea Crap or it's cousin the Ben My Crap. The Lady was reassuring, especially when I was on her one Christmas during force 9, I wouldn't like to try that on the others. The Ben felt like it was about the capsize leaving Douglas harbour on a calm night.

I must be getting old.

3FM's reporting the Steam Packet is being sold today. Nothing on Manx so far (as usual!) ...interesting to see if this is true

Manx Radio has been reporting this rumour for some time. The official announcement was only made this afternoon, prior to which it was speculation rather than hard fact.

Archived