Cristiano Ronaldo In Rape Claim

Speckled Frost

i heard it was him....

He's a bit stupid to get himself in that position though.

Bloody hell you know what position he was in too!

You get a lot of these stories, and always about Footie players, never other highly paid sportsmen. Don't know whether it makes better news, there are more of them, or like you say some women know they might make a few quid. Mind you, no smoke without fire and I reckon they must have some hot lawyers on the case for just this type of instance. I've heard there are certain hotels/clubs where girls specifically hang out for Footballers, with 'fixers' running the whole show - all seems a bit sordid to me. Who knows.

You get a lot of these stories, and always about Footie players, never other highly paid sportsmen.

to be controversial, i don't know many other highly paid sportsmen that act like footballers do to be honest. Footballers seem to be always out on the p*ss and always shagging about - can't say I hear much about that with golfers, tennis players, and .............I can't think who else gets paid the same amount as footballers?!.

I'm pretty sure that there would have to have been some physical evidence to arrest him wouldn't there?

Whilst I consider him an ass hole of the highest order...I trust that in the event that this case falls flat on its face that there is suitable high profile coverage of that too. Oh maybe not.
Even if it did that wouldn't be evidence of lying...rape cases where it's one word against anothers are notoriously hard to prove/successfully prosecute.

Funny, despite there being many many more blokes raping women than women making false claims, most men immediately leap to the conclusion that she's probably lying.

If he's innocent until proven guilty, so is she.

Whilst I consider him an ass hole of the highest order...I trust that in the event that this case falls flat on its face that there is suitable high profile coverage of that too. Oh maybe not.
Even if it did that wouldn't be evidence of lying...rape cases where it's one word against anothers are notoriously hard to prove/successfully prosecute.

Funny, despite there being many many more blokes raping women than women making false claims, most men immediately leap to the conclusion that she's probably lying.

If he's innocent until proven guilty, so is she.

Exactly...except the portrayal of these cases in the media does not bear this out.

Agreed. It does seem unfair that accusers are - quite rightly - allowed to preserve their anonimity, whilst those who are accused are likely to have their details displayed in the press.

Ultimately, I believe the proven perpetrator of such an act should be punished extremely harshly; proven false accusers should receive similar treatment. For those cases where there is not enough evidence to convict, but sufficient exists to suggest that it may have happened, the introduction of the Scottish legal term 'not proven' would be at least be slightly more satisfactory than the complete exoneration offered by 'not guilty.'

Then maybe both of them should be allowed to remain anonymous until a conviction is recorded.

Maybe they both should. There's probably a case for anyone charged with anything to remain anonymous until court appearance at the very least, as we all know, mud sticks.

Then maybe both of them should be allowed to remain anonymous until a conviction is recorded.

Maybe they both should. There's probably a case for anyone charged with anything to remain anonymous until court appearance at the very least, as we all know, mud sticks.

LOL...cant see that happening in the Isle of Man...some people just love the publicity of a court case!! :ph34r:

You get a lot of these stories, and always about Footie players, never other highly paid sportsmen.

to be controversial, i don't know many other highly paid sportsmen that act like footballers do to be honest. Footballers seem to be always out on the p*ss and always shagging about - can't say I hear much about that with golfers, tennis players, and .............I can't think who else gets paid the same amount as footballers?!.

I'm pretty sure that there would have to have been some physical evidence to arrest him wouldn't there?

isn't it funny how when footballers go out and get pissed up they get slated for it but when andrew flintoff got pissed on the victory parade after the ashes it was a big laugh and a joke in the papers the next day.

he can't even remeber meeting the prime minister that day.

If a footballer did that he would get slated for days.

and no they don't need any physical evidence to arrest. Somebody says they were raped the accussed has his name plastered all over the papers , the "victim" has their identity kept secret.

where is the justice in that? :unsure:

why exactly is he "an arsehole of the higest order"?...you know him?

isn't it funny how when footballers go out and get pissed up they get slated for it but when andrew flintoff got pissed on the victory parade after the ashes it was a big laugh and a joke in the papers the next day.

but that's just my point - Andrew Flintoff's was a one off, and it was a victory night out, how many other times do you hear about cricketers going off the rails (Phil Tufnell exluded :rolleyes:) Footballers seem to be out all the time, no matter what the occassion and they do shag around. Now, there's nothing wrong with that, everyone is allowed to have fun, but a footballers image isn't particularly great these days. In my opinion they are smarmy, and to be avoided at all costs..................now if you're talking about a rugby man, that's a completely different story ;)

and no they don't need any physical evidence to arrest. Somebody says they were raped the accussed has his name plastered all over the papers , the "victim" has their identity kept secret.

really? didn't know that, i would've thought you would have to have some sort of evidence to actually arrest someone. I do agree however, that it is unfair to release the accused's name and not the accusers. Don't see why it can't be the same rule for both until found guilty or not.

Archived