Cristiano Ronaldo In Rape Claim

Speckled Frost

but a footballers image isn't particularly great these days. In my opinion they are smarmy, and to be avoided at all costs..................now if you're talking about a rugby man, that's a completely different story ;)

Rugby players?!?!?

Yeah i noticed how nice they were on a night out sleazing all over everyone and one decided to pleasure himself infront of one of the girls face! I dont think that is very good behaviour. Plus the guy looked like he had just walked out the Blue Oyster which made it even worse.

True story:

Sir Stanley Matthews, the first football player to be knighted for services to the game was, in his declining years, unable to attend some awards ceremony or other. He was, however, interested to know whether his great friend and rival, Sir Tom Finney, had been present at it.

When it was confirmed that Sir Tom had, indeed, been there, Sir Stan asked whether he'd been drinking.

"Well... I think he did have a very weak gin and tonic," was the reply.

"Oh, dear..." said Sir Stan, very seriously, "...he really has let himself go, y'know."

Old fashioned attitudes, perhaps. But that pair were the among the greatest ever to grace a football pitch with their presence, and the respect and admiration they attracted from their club's supporters remains undimished by time.

how many other times do you hear about cricketers going off the rails

How many professional cricketers are there compared to footballers? More importantly, how many of them have you actually heard of outside of the England team? They're not newsworthy.

True story:

Sir Stanley Matthews, the first football player to be knighted for services to the game was, in his declining years, unable to attend some awards ceremony or other. He was, however, interested to know whether his great friend and rival, Sir Tom Finney, had been present at it.

When it was confirmed that Sir Tom had, indeed, been there, Sir Stan asked whether he'd been drinking.

"Well... I think he did have a very weak gin and tonic," was the reply.

"Oh, dear..." said Sir Stan, very seriously, "...he really has let himself go, y'know."

Old fashioned attitudes, perhaps. But that pair were the among the greatest ever to grace a football pitch with their presence, and the respect and admiration they attracted from their club's supporters remains undimished by time.

Yeah but they didn't earn £50,000 per week at the age of 20. I think this is where the problem lies in football today. It's about time the whole wage system was looked at. Never gonna happen cos its world wide, but do they 'really' deserve it?

All bloody Jimmy Hills fault.

jimmy.jpg

Lets bring football back to what it is - football.

Maybe if the case against Ronaldo proves to be ficticious (as I think it could well be) the accuser should serve a hefty prison sentence. Maybe then, this would prevent all these false accusations coming about in the first place.

The case against the Leicester City in Spain players being a prime example. Those women of the night should have been locked up!

how many other times do you hear about cricketers going off the rails

How many professional cricketers are there compared to footballers? More importantly, how many of them have you actually heard of outside of the England team? They're not newsworthy.

i think quite a few kiwi's/aussies would disagree with you. They are quite predominent (sp?) in the southern hemisphere - think it's probably because football - or should I say, soccer :P is your national sport and that's why you hear more about them - but maybe you'd hear less if they show off so much, and you have to admit that they do this.

i think quite a few kiwi's/aussies would disagree with you. They are quite predominent (sp?) in the southern hemisphere - think it's probably because football - or should I say, soccer :P is your national sport and that's why you hear more about them - but maybe you'd hear less if they show off so much, and you have to admit that they do this.

I thought we were talking about the media coverage in England. Given that that's where this case is, and where things are happening.

The situation is probably reversed down under, given that they're not big soccer nations. Just the same way as it's American sports that get the attention in the American pages. Your point is kinda irrelevant.

I thought we were talking about the media coverage in England. Given that that's where this case is, and where things are happening.

The situation is probably reversed down under, given that they're not big soccer nations. Just the same way as it's American sports that get the attention in the American pages. Your point is kinda irrelevant.

i wasn't aware that we were localising the media coverage, i thought this was a general conversation. But if it is, then i guess you're right, it is irrelevant.

Archived