Villa Marina Losses

nipper

My sister just told me she bought her doves tickets yesterday.

I was part of the team who put the dance night on there back in september of last year, although it went well with respect to the behaviour of people and the good state the place was in afterwards.... they haven't been too enthusiastic to do it again. They seem to make it very hard to give you a date. For example... we looked into a few saturday nights, it wasn't possible through events such as salsa nights that had about 30 people attending. pointless planning for a room that can hold 1200.

We had a 1000 capacity on the night which sold out and there was a reserve list of 438 people which was very promising. A lot of people couldn't get in due to the capacity which was unfortunate and also the bar situation was a farce but nothing to do with us. we did mention at the time that pre-refurb there were a lot more bars that were constantly busy. I'm sure given the chance again it can be planned a lot better.

I must admit I was a litle surprised at this thread and the fact that the Villa Marina loosing £1,690,000 is acceptable and in just one year.

Yes I agree it is a worthwhle facility for the Isle of Man but this sort of loss stinks. £30,000 per week?????

Something must be going seriously wrong and I would suggest the whole operation needs a fundemental overhaul. Look at the stick Manx Radio is getting over a £400,000 loss.

And it's a £400k loss over TWO years at that!

As to why they don't try harder (DJ Denzil) - why would they want to break out in a sweat and graft a bit while the taxpayer picks up the bill and the Minister is quite happy with the cost?

Archived