Fall Guy For The Dtl And Neds?

Is it true the DTL sacked (with no warnings etc !!!!) the guy who signed off on the payment of monies to the Neds??? Has he been made the Fall Guy??

When did anyone ever hear of a government/civil servant being sacked before??

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was the AG who signed the grants off, But rumours are saying that further arrests have been made over the past day or two and that one may have been from the DTL, I have also heard that a senior Politician is to take the balme for the whole affair but will not be prosicuted due to Paliamentary Priviliege, if this is the case then its the end to another Manx Tail of Transparentcy :angry:

Just been told that its true, A person from the DTL involved with the Grants at the Neds has been removed from his post, Mr name witheld

Typical - will I hit him with eggs or a wet fish? it really peeves me, poor single mothers being sent to prison for a poxy £2.50 benefit fraud and that scroat and his Jooolie. Pah!

How come the DTL person was sacked? surely he/she isn't soley responsible for £90K grants?? This sucks!

Welcome to the good Old Isle of Man, where nothing changes only the names and the word of the day is " Transparency " where you can't see the crooks because of the cover. Makes me reeeeeeeal proud to be Manks.

The good thing about all this " Transparency " is that I can still see MY morals.

I bet that this poor person is used as a scapegoat when Maude comes up. They'll say that it wasn't her fault but the said person for signing it off. The fact that Maude, with Ned imo, applied for it won't be brought into question, any takers?

If this is true surely they have just created a very angry person that could come out and spill the beans

They'll most probably use some part off the contract of employment on regards to confidentuality or state secrets ***** to keep their mouth shut, imo. The only way it could come out is if the said person took them to a unfair dismissal hearing but they might have had a good pay off for all we know.

I really hope nobody here gives anyone cause to claim for an unfair trial....

You guys need to be careful what you're theorizing and implying, we've already had to ask one poster not to post material that could prejudice any upcoming trial so please don't force our hand and turn that into a blanket ban until it's over.

It's only weeks away, try and stay smart.

You guys need to be careful what you're theorizing and implying, we've already had to ask one poster not to post material that could prejudice any upcoming trial so please don't force our hand and turn that into a blanket ban until it's over.

Totally agree - but where they're going to get 12 people on the Island that don't know anything/have an opinion on this case I don't know. Perhaps they'll import them?

Totally agree - but where they're going to get 12 people on the Island that don't know anything/have an opinion on this case I don't know. Perhaps they'll import them?

Believe it or not, not everyone reads the newspapers, listens to Manx Radio or reads Manx Internet Forums. Seriously, I just rang my Mum about something else and while I was on, I asked her what she knew about it and she said 'Bugger all really'.

Out of those people who do all the above, there are people who really don't care about it enough to do anything but skip over the articles.

Hey this is great news for the island a TV series to be filmed at the film studios ramsey bit of a first for the island, i think jurby would be a great place to film the driving stunts and ramsey would be also a good place for any shots where they need a deserted town.

Good old alex taking his jollies to cannes has paid off.

http://tv.cream.org/specialassignments/themes/fallguy.mp3

post-608-1130410057_thumb.jpg

This case is not being heard before any jury so no need for 12 people it is to go before the lowest court on the Island A Sumary Court which I believe will be held behind closed doors in front of Mr Moyle.

This should be interesting Todays Courts

OMG I know her!! and I like her and as a matter of fact - she is a really lovely young lady. She grew up in the house over the road from me. Poor kid. Living on benefit is rubbish and it is very easy to make a little mistake and become a criminal for it. Bet they 'throw the book' at her - easy pickings innit? she hasn't got the back-up of fancy advocates and a legal team......this sounds soooo familiar it's sad.

Archived