New Albums Worth Buying

Rich

Disturbed - Ten Thousand Fists

A.K.A. Ten versions of the same song that our last two albums were based on.

Jesus though, that little list is like a who's who of crappy mallcore metal.

I'm not stuck in the 80's if that's what you mean ;)

No, just stuck in a swirl of overdubbed guitars and angsty 30 year olds writing about how ANGRY they are.

Apart from BFMV, who are just in their own little category of ineptness.

Nice to see the usual suspects spouting out their usual "I know best" dribble.

See Rich, this is a discussion forum. You think those albums are worth a listen, I don't. Both are valid points of view. Why post your opinion if you can't handle it being challenged?

And if you like Goth teen love rock, expect to be called an angsty 15 year old girl :)

Nothing new (most I'm waiting for are out next year) but these are my most recent aquisitions:

Mighty Mighty Bosstones - Let's Face it

Farse - Boxing Clever

Lagwagon - Resolve (that's a new one)

and

No Use For A Name - Don't Miss the Train.

Awesome.

I agree also, all that angstscreamoemo "mallcore" (love that!) stuff is rubbish *sigh* in my opinion.

Erm most recent purchases

Susanna and the Magical Orchestra - Lists of Lights and Buoys (listen to a few clips here http://www.boomkat.com/item.cfm?id=14746 I recommend the cover of Jolene first!)

Sigur Ros - Takk (I think i've already commented on this album here)

Brian Wilson - Smile (finally got round to buying it, has been on my must haves for ages)

Tatu - 200 km/h in the wrong lane (It was 1.99 in one of the local record stores, it's actually not a particularly bad album...plus the video to all the things she said is on it :D)

Goldfinger - Open Your Eyes (Not their best but a few pop-punk anthems on there, like Spokesman and Radio)

Have you got the superb tatu and rammstien remix album?

My recent favourites is the dodgy bootleg of the arctic monkeys album, Goldfrapps Supernature, Antony and the Johnsons, Arcade Fire... been loads of ace stuff this year.

Wasn't particularly keen on the Arctic Monkeys but then i heard Mardy Bum and decided that maybe i should listen to more of their stuff. The two singles, for me anyway, aren't their best.

And no I haven't heard of the Rammstein and Tatu remix album, sounds interesting to say the least having a quick look for it now.

Archived