Kevin Lynden Wins

FCMR

The thing I always find strange is that in cases like this and other different cases in the past is that guidelines and sentencing in the UK are refered to.

As we're not part off the UK and the Manx Law is different, how much so, I don't know, and You have to be a member of the Manx Bar to practice law here, why do they keep doing it?

I would have thought as We are supposed to have our own set-up, why can't the courts sentence as it seems fit for that paticular case. Maybe someone with a background in Law could explain as it seems a strange way off doing things to me.

How sick are you? Wins?? What has he won FCMR? he has lost his wife and his children and his freedom...I'd say thats more of a loss wouldn't you?

I don't really think the subject should be discussed on a forum anyway.

Hi Bees - i agree with the first part of your post, but i don't understand why it shouldn't be discussed on a forum, surely that's what these things are here for. Now, you might not agree with the thread but that's no reason not to discuss is it? I'm not having a go, just don't understand the comment that's all.

How sick are you? Wins?? What has he won FCMR? he has lost his wife and his children and his freedom...I'd say thats more of a loss wouldn't you?

I don't really think the subject should be discussed on a forum anyway.

He murdered his wife, even though he intended to kill himself. His children have no mother, is that fair? To lose his freedom for just 5 years isnt as much as a loss as it is to the woman he murdered. Im sure he will continue to see his children, there is no reason for him not to once he is released.

5 years is a disgrace and sends out a good message to all wife batterers over here, kill the missus and get away with it.

Before anyone flames me, im a survivor of a wife batterer.

I'm worried it will set a precedent. I did actually think 5 Years was far to little. I always thought ManSlaughter was causing death by accident (e.g. Car crash, freak punch during a fight etc) - I can't see how stabbing someone (multiple times) can be un-intentional. .. ...

When a marriage or partnership breaks up everyone takes the females side, its only the poor woman that gets hurt, hes a wicked bastard, heard it all before. But no one thinks about the hurt the male goes through when a relationship breaks up and who gets the kids. A wife can go about the town getting pissed and screwed by every Tom Dick & Harry while the Husband is away working and the kids are roaming the streets. they get divorced and who has to pay THE HUSBAND.

Archived