New Cinema?

Lonan3

Four-screen cinema!

OK a vast improvement (presuming they're a decent size), but does that really qualify as a multiplex? :P

If you think about it I'd imagine the DTL will look to stop using the Broadway Cinema as a cinema and turn it into a hired-out auditorium.

Take that out of the equation and we're only gaining one screen. But I don't want to seem like I'm moaning, any improvement will be GREAT! :) But if they're going for 16 bowling lanes, how about 6 screens? :)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they do build a new cinema I hope they make it a nice experience to visit. Going back to my recent visit to the Palace (I don't go to the cinema often, I think the last thing I saw was Terminator 3), the sound was poor and the film had black blotches on it. That was in the smaller screen room.

• 2 weeks later...
Four-screen cinema!

OK a vast improvement (presuming they're a decent size), but does that really qualify as a multiplex? :P

If you think about it I'd imagine the DTL will look to stop using the Broadway Cinema as a cinema and turn it into a hired-out auditorium.

Take that out of the equation and we're only gaining one screen. But I don't want to seem like I'm moaning, any improvement will be GREAT! :) But if they're going for 16 bowling lanes, how about 6 screens? :)

Well, multi meaning more than one, so even the Palace is a multi ;) My home town has a population of about 45,000 plus the outlying villages etc, and they had a 10-screen built on an old car park about 5 years ago (I think) along with a health club, bowling alley, couple of restaurants etc.

A new cinema would be good, as long as they show different films to the other ones. I'm fed up waiting to see films and then they never get shown over here.

They probably still won't show them until a while after they're released because of the cost. Why the hell do we need a 16 lane bowling alley when hardly anyone bothered to use the Superbowl one?

Be glad that you don't live in my little town in deepest, darkest Poland. We have one cinema which is basically the hallway of a community center. They have one pull-down screen but if less than 10 people show up (quite a regular occurance) they tell you to go home.

About a year ago I went into the sefton Hotel and asked at reception if they could direct me to their nearest toilet (AS I WAS NEAR TO BURSTING). The receptionist asked me whether I was resident to which I replied yes I've been resident on the island 14 years. She hautley replied that if I wasn't a resident of the hotel I couldn't use their toilet facilities. What a cheek. Nevermind the amount of money I spent when the Tramshunters/upstairs Restaurant were open to the public. So in retrospect they can stuff their new cinema/bowling alley. I'd rather rent a dvd and go bowling at the Castle Mona.

About a year ago I went into the sefton Hotel and asked at reception if they could direct me to their nearest toilet (AS I WAS NEAR TO BURSTING). The receptionist asked me whether I was resident to which I replied yes I've been resident on the island 14 years. She hautley replied that if I wasn't a resident of the hotel I couldn't use their toilet facilities. What a cheek. Nevermind the amount of money I spent when the Tramshunters/upstairs Restaurant were open to the public. So in retrospect they can stuff their new cinema/bowling alley. I'd rather rent a dvd and go bowling at the Castle Mona.

Knowing the Sefton their cinema/alley will be over-priced also.

In your situation I would have just dropped my kecks and pissed in their foyer and then tell them to think again in future before refusing someone the toilet.

Knowing the Sefton their cinema/alley will be over-priced also.

In your situation I would have just dropped my kecks and pissed in their foyer and then tell them to think again in future before refusing someone the toilet.

This may be normal in Poland(?), but thankfully the Isle of Man is more sophisticated. Why should any, (every?) hotel provide toilet facilities for every passing person whose bladder is full. (Lack of forward thinking? Pissed?)

No hotel that I have ever resided in, allowed passers-by to become pissers-in!

And the Sefton is under new management, so you may not have an insight into the pricing policy.

Sorry, Cheesey!

This may be normal in Poland(?), but thankfully the Isle of Man is more sophisticated. Why should any, (every?) hotel provide toilet facilities for every passing person whose bladder is full. (Lack of forward thinking? Pissed?)

No hotel that I have ever resided in, allowed passers-by to become pissers-in!

And the Sefton is under new management, so you may not have an insight into the pricing policy.

Sorry, Cheesey!

Here in Poland they use tree for pissing just like everywhere in mainland Europe. The Italians are best - while in Roma I saw businessman after business man stepping out of their cars for a pis in central Roma near the parliament building.

Some nice paying public toilets with the big swirling automatic door. the ones that clean themselves everyhour that they have in most city centres

That'd be better than either closing all public bogs or locking them after 18:00.

Most people 'can wait' to go but for some the windows of Woolworths may be their only option

There are a number that are open 24/7. Most of the ones along the Prom - the one in York Road, the one beside the Manx Arms in Onchan and the 'spotlight bog' at Port Jack. Plus, of course, there are always the ones in the Hilton.

Archived