'manxness' Test?

Lonan3

Manx qualification question no1

How can you tell when an MHK/MLC is talking sh1te?

If they speak.

I got 6 from 10! Their not good questions and don't test whether someone is 'suitable' for living in the UK. Most Britons would only score around half-marks. Better questions would be:

1) If you can't think of something to talk about what is the best topic?

2) What's the likelyhood of a train arriving ontime?

3) What's the likelyhood of your house being burgled at least once a year?

4) Why should you avoid getting ill?

If you can answer the above you are eligible to join My UK.

A question paper has now been devised to test whether someone is sufficiently 'Manks' to apply for citizenship. Some sample questions - with appropriate instructions - are:

1) Explain 'traa-dy-looar.' (Answer slowly)

2) Does MHK stand for: a. Member of the House of Knives, b. Member of the House of Kinks or, c. Making Hundreds of 'Ks'? (Be creative)

3) How often and when does the boat leave? (Check answer by purchasing single ticket and boarding.)

4) Is a 'longtail:' a. A convoluted 'amusing' short story by Terry Cringle, b. A monkey-like creature (i.e. A Foreigner) or c. A 'big fella?' (Answers require RATification)

5) People listen to Manx Radio a. to moan about the programmes, b. to moan about the presenters, c. to moan about the cost of running it or, d. all of the above? (N.B. It is not necessary to actually listen to it in order to express an opinion)

6) People visit the Isle of Man because a. They love a 4-hour boat journey, b. Plane fares are so cheap, c. there are such wonderful holiday facilities or, d. No-one's told them it isn't a holiday resort any more. (Any statistics provided by the DTL can safely be ignored)

7) Anyone who swims in Douglas Bay needs to be a. Brave, b. stupid or c. hospitalised? (N.B. Never swim with your mouth open!)

Archived