Katie Holmes' Silent Scientology Birth

Minxie

Katie Holmes is set to give birth in silence.

As devout disciples of cult religion Scientology the beautiful actress and her husband-to-be, Tom Cruise, would have to maintain a vigil of total silence in the delivery suite. .

The bizarre ritual - which Scientologists believe should be carried out to prevent children from turning mad - is nothing new to Cruise who insisted the biological mothers of the adopted children he had with Nicole Kidman have their babies in silence, according to a 2001 report in America's New York Post newspaper. .

Scientology founder, L.Ron Hubbard, tells his followers in his book Dianetics: "Maintain silence in the presence of birth to save both the sanity of the mother and child and safeguard the home to which they will go. The maintaining of silence does not mean a volley of 'Sh's', for those make stammerers".

Nice to know that my children may go mad because I didn't keep quiet whilst giving birth. If you ask me it's the Scientology lot who are insane!!

In the late 1940s, pulp writer L. Ron Hubbard declared:

"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion"

Reader's Digest reprint, May 1980, p.1

Hubbard later created the Church of Scientology...

Any one who expects their wife to be quiet whilst in the tumoils of pain during child birth has as much sense as labotomised shit eating phychiatric out patient.

But I suppose Tom has managed to save up a bit of cash to avoid the whole pain thing. Actually would that be allowed?

Any one who expects their wife to be quiet whilst in the tumoils of pain during child birth has as much sense as labotomised shit eating phychiatric out patient.

But I suppose Tom has managed to save up a bit of cash to avoid the whole pain thing. Actually would that be allowed?

nope. they don't believe in any drugs during child birth. they're a bunch of nutters, IMHO.

Archived